Muenster Chamber of Commerce
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 28m 16s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Rally started at 11 am which is a bit late for me. Left home at 8:35 am and made a few stops on the way to Muenster. Got there with just a short time to set up before rally started. It was HUGE. They expected about 2000 participants and ended up with 2900.
Bike
  • 3h 28m 16s
  • 60 miles
  • 17.29 mile/hr
Comments:

Rode road bike for this one for comfort. This rally was very crowded at the beginning. It did thin out quite a bit about mid-way through. They didn't plan for such a big crowd, so the rest stops ran out of Powerade before we got there. There was also only oranges, bananas and cookies at the rest stops.

The hills weren't that bad. What goes up must also go down, so I reached a max speed of 40.6 MPH on one downhill segment. Sure glad I didn't wipe out...one person did and had to be tranported to the hospital. :(

I had a low point in my energy level from mile 35-45 for some reason. Don't know if it was the heat or the hills, but I was sucking wind for a while there. My energy picked back up and mile 45-60 felt really good. There was one steep climb at mile 50, but I felt good by that point.

This rally was 6 miles shorter than the one I did in Sulphur Springs, but it was a lot harder for me. Must have been the hills and the heat.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate lots of food at Germanfest and drank our 2 FREE beers! Woohoo! Then drove home to pick up kids from grandma and grandpas house.

Last updated: 2007-04-29 12:00 AM
Biking
03:28:16 | 60 miles | 17.29 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Some with gusts
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough