United States
Cherry Creek Sneak
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up late after a long night the night before...ate two cheerios cereal bars....nothing very exciting here...
Event warmup:

Pacing waiting for my mom to get up and ready to go. We had a 15-20 min. drive to get to the 8:00 race and she was still in bed at 7:30! She kept saying that since we were just walking it didn't matter if we were there on time. Drove me crazy!
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I have no idea what our time was bcause we got there so late. We were parking about the time the race was starting. Rather than following where everyone else was going, we (mainly my mom) decided that we should try to take a short cut. Well, turns out everyone else was going a different way for a reason, because we ended up in the midst of this gated community we couldn't get out of and did a big circle. We finally joined up with the race at about the end of mile 1 and walked the rest of it.

Just being in that atmosphere I sooooo badly wanted to run and it was really hard not to. Hopefully my shins can be healed by next weekend so I can run in that race. They are slowly getting better. Overall the race was fun...just wish I could've done the whole thing.
What would you do differently?:

Get there on time.
Post race
Warm down:

Got our "goody bags" and went and said hi to my mom's cousin who was doing the announcing.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Getting lost before the race...missing the start....

Last updated: 2007-04-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-04-29 3:46 PM

User image

Expert
In limbo
Subject: Cherry Creek Sneak - 5k

2007-04-29 6:36 PM
in reply to: #780553

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Sneak - 5k

Sounds like you had fun even if you were late.  Your Mom's cousin did an awesome job announcing.  Especially when the parent lost the little girl named Kristen.  I was laughing as I listened to that whole segment.  I think we all have a crazy "are we gonna get there on time" race ... here's mine:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=66756

Becky

2007-04-29 10:39 PM
in reply to: #780665

User image

Expert
In limbo
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Sneak - 5k

Yea I figure everyone gets a crazy, late, frantic race at some point....I just didn't really want it to be my first one! lol  Oh well...at least I have 2/3 of a race experience now....It's not like this was a big race for me or anything....it was after all "just a walk".

I missed the lost child announcement but knowing Sharon I'm sure it was halarious! 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Sneak - 5k Rss Feed