St. Anthony's Triathlon
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 44m 52s
Overall Rank = 1358/3444
Age Group = F25-29
Age Group Rank = 35/124
Pre-race routine:

This race is a logistical nightmare if you're not in an early wave. Transition is only open from 5-7. Chip pickup and the start are about 3/4 of a mile away from Transition. You have to drop off your bike the night before so you can't warm up on the bike in the morning. Why would you want to anyway if transition closes at 0700 and your wave isn't until 0850? Anyway, what the silly wave start time drove was for me to be up at 0415 so I could be showered and ready to be body marked at transition by 0530. Yes, that's early...but there were a LOT of people in this race and many had the same late start time I did so I thought the lines to get into transition would be REALLY long if we didn't get there early. As it was, there was a line at 0530. Anyway, up at 0415, shower, get dressed, get sunblocked. I had a clif bar to start the nutrition process early but didn't want to eat my main breakfast since I had so long until the start. I met the BT gang out in front of the Bed and Breakfast. We ran into Brian there--arm in a sling! Turns out that he got hit on his bike the day before by a hit and run driver and fractured his clavical! That totally SUCKS. UGH. Makes you happy to just be racing. We all walk to transition, get body marked, and start setting up. After setup, Jess and I walked back to my Bed and Breakfast. She took a nap. I sat around, listened to some tune, and eventually went for a 10' warmup jog. It wasn't on the schedule but since I didn't get to bike I felt like I should do SOMETHING. When I got back it was time to put the wetsuit at least around the legs and walk to the start. Jess and I set off and we eventually ran into the bike course on the way there. Many boys already heading out on their bike. Just as we turned the last corner towards the start we saw what we would later find out was the lead pro coming back IN on the bike. We picked up our chips and suited up in our wetsuits. I needed to get into the water to warmup so I gave Jess a hug (her wave was 5' before mine) and I went down to the beach. I spent 10' swimming around. Got rid of some extra fluids. Inbetween swimming around I heard them announce that the winner had finished in just over 1:46. That's sick. Someone FINISHED the race before I even got in the water! When they announced for my wave to gather up I got out of the water. I should have gotten out earlier. My whole wave was already lined up and I had to sneak through the crowd to get remotely close to the front. Never succeeded and got stuck in the second row.
Event warmup:

10' jog around the block with a couple of very short pickups, 10' of swimming with a couple of short pickups. LOTS and LOTS of walking.
Swim
  • 25m 3s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 32s / 100 yards
Comments:

The last warning you had that your wave was starting was at 1’. I luckily looked at my watch when they said 1’ so I would be able to start my HRM about 10” prior to the horn. That way all I had to worry about at the horn was GOING. As I stated in the pre-race routine, I ended up in the second row in the middle. That was NOT a good starting location. I would have preferred to be on an end right up front. Lesson learned for next time to start my warmup sooner so I can seed myself properly for the swim. It was a run-in start. I was right behind the front row chicks but the two in front of me seriously slowed down once they started swimming. Sheesh, people…if you’re going to seed yourself in the front row you’d better be going FULL BORE when you hit the water! It took me 20” to get between those two chicks. Once I got around them I was going full out and searching for feet but I didn’t have any luck. I just couldn’t stay directly behind anyone. It was SUPER crowded (yet another reason I wish I had been on an end) and basically a big washing machine. I also was not feeling very fast.

After about the first buoy the crowd settled out and I actively searched for fast feet and just didn’t have any luck. But at least it had thinned out enough that I didn’t have to sight a lot either. I swim very straight so I just put my head down and settled into a race pace. I had a LOT of chicks swim crooked across my path. I showed no mercy and swam right over them. The way I see it, I was helping them out. I was letting them know earlier than they would have noticed that they were not swimming straight.:-) This nice open space lasted until midway through the second leg. About then we started to catch up to the previous wave’s stragglers. I went by several of them like they were treading water. But I was hurting. Breathing hard and arms were feeling it. I never really got into a GOOD rhythm. Once I turned around the final buoy it was just a crowded mess. There were so many people I had to stop my long sight-less stretches and start sighting more often so that I wouldn’t run into people. That last leg was really uncomfortable but thankfully it was pretty short. I got to the stairs and sorta pushed right by some folks taking their time. I landed on the stairs on all fours (the folks pulling you out of the water were kind of useless). I kept three to four points of contact on the stairs until a guy at the top grabbed one of my arms. As soon as I hit the solid ground I pulled off my swim cap and goggles, glanced at my watch to see 24:xx and ran towards T1. I had to watch my footing through a 10’ long mud pit but then finally hit grass. Hit my watch crossing the timing mats then walked and started to pull down my wetsuit.
What would you do differently?:

I would line up earlier so that I wouldn't get stuck in the second row. I want clean water to start in!
Transition 1
  • 01m 55s
Comments:

Okay, the running was killing me, so I definitely walked fast through T1. I did get the wetsuit around my waist before getting to my spot (the transition area was HUGE). Once at my spot the wetsuit came off in seconds. I pulled it down and pulled out one leg then stood on it to pull out the other leg. Threw it back behind my bike. I fumbled around with my helmet and sunglasses. Then I took a few extra seconds to squirt on some sunscreen to minimize the inevitable sunburn. At least for once I knew that EVERYTHING I needed was ON my bike so as soon as I had my helmet and sunglasses and stuffed the gel in my pocket I grabbed the bike (had a LITTLE trouble getting it off the rack) and ran. Hit the stopwatch as I crossed the timing mat but forgot to start the Ergomo right there.

Practice. I knew what to do and fumbled with my hands.
Bike
  • 1h 16m 17s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.55 mile/hr
Comments:

Stats from the Ergomo:
Entire workout (171 watts):
Duration: 1:16:21
Work: 784 kJ
TSS: 126.8 (intensity factor 0.998)
Norm Power: 180
VI: 1.05
Distance: 24.731 mi
Elevation Gain: 374 ft
Elevation Loss: 413 ft

Min Max Avg
Power: 0 581 171 watts
Heart rate: 0 179 165 bpm
Cadence: 36 116 93 rpm
Speed: 2.2 30 19.4 mph

Those watts include running in transition though....

I ran with the bike to the mount line. My shoes were not quite even on the pedals and one of them was dragging along the cement but I didn’t stop to worry about it. I’ll remember to place them better next time. Once past the mount line I darted past the chicks who stopped literally just on the other side of it and got myself a clear space. I don’t have the flying mount perfected yet, so I stopped, hit the Ergomo start button, threw my right leg over the bike and got ready to start. If I don’t hit it JUST right I screw up the shoes. I pushed down on the right shoe/pedal (still standing on the bike) to find out that I was between two gears. I thought I set the gears right during transition setup, but I guess not! The pedal gave way below me (OUCH) but I managed to keep my seat and got enough forward momentum to get my left foot on the other shoe and start pedaling. I pedaled on top of my shoes for awhile since the first quarter mile was on cobblestone. I didn’t feel like eating it that early in the bike segment. Once off the cobblestones and around the first curve I coasted a bit to get my shoes on. I watched a chick drop a bottle off her bike and not go back for it (WHERE are the officials when you need them????) and I managed to avoid it. Then I was on my way!

My instructions were to have watts and HR working but not look at them and go by RPE. I was supposed to hit an RPE of 8 out of 10 on the bike. It’s a fast/flat course and I wanted to see what I could DO! I went pretty hard and immediately was passing people. It REALLY helped that the older women’s waves went off before mine. I don’t remember specifically passing anyone in my AG but I passed a TON of 30 and 40-year olds! Um, and a few 60+ but I don’t usually feel that great about passing them! I had a few people pass me, but I DEFINITELY passed more than passed me.

I just concentrated on pushing as hard a gear as I could while maintaining over 90RPM. My average RPM was 93 so I probably sandbagged a bit on the power! The way my Ergomo was attached to my bike, I couldn’t read my HR but I could see watts and RPM. So, even though I wasn’t supposed to look at watts…I kept stealing glances every now and then. It did not do me any good since they were insanely irratic all day! The first leg of the bike went along the water for a short bit then there was a gradual uphill away from the water to a turnaround and gradual downhill back in. The out portion of this segment was the only time I was in my small ring all day. It was just a little too uphill for my big ring. I immediately started on my nutrition plan which was to drink water when I wanted it and take several swigs out of my 300+ calorie Cytomax bottle every 10’. I usually like Hammer products, but I had this tub of Cytomax powder I needed to use up. So it was Cytomax for the race! I passed the 5 Mile Marker at 15 minutes. I did the quick math and realize that was 20mph pace. And it was all over. I got it in my head that there was a chance I could break 20mph and that’s all I thought about for the rest of the bike.

Right around this point in the race I met Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl. Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl and I traded places on the bike a million times. Okay, maybe not a million, but a whole f’ing lot. I actually traded places with many people several times, but SHE is the one I remember the most. Surely someone with such ugly taste in cycling clothes wasn’t going to beat me!!!! :-) I noticed that in general I would end up trading places with people on gradual hills. I would get passed on the uphill portion then pass them back on the flat or downhill side. Just a trend…

I passed through the 10 Mile Marker at 29 minutes even (on my Ergomo which was probably about 20” off my official bike time since I did not hit the button until after the mount line). Woohoo! I was still on track for 20mph! Somewhere in here I got passed by a huge pack. ONE of them passed me on the right and I yelled at him. I saw SO many blocking/overtaking/drafting violations out there! I know there were several officials out on the course, but there just were not enough to catch everybody. That pack pissed me off so much that I pulled out to the left and sprinted past as many as I could. I never really saw too many of them again. The pack pretty much got broken up by the crowded course. Coming around one corner I almost crossed the yellow line by accident. I was trying to pass a two or three abreast group (yes, it was that crowded) and had to catch myself before going completely over to the other side. Whew.

When bottle exchange rolled around, I slowed down and picked up a water bottle. I hated to lose the few seconds, but my face felt hot and I didn’t want to dehydrate that early. I poured about half of it in my aero bottle then dumped a bunch on my head until I hit the end of the exchange zone and then tossed it aside.

I went through 15 miles at 44:23 so I was slowing down, but not by much. I figured it was probably the bottle exchange that made it slower. I simply pushed it up a little bit and set out to pass as many people as I could. This is a good time to mention that I was working pretty hard. I would kind of bounce back and forth between a 7/10 RPE and an 8+/10 RPE. I didn’t meant to keep falling back to 7/10, but it’s just a comfortable spinning RPE for me. Many times I was still making good time at that RPE if it was downhill or flat, but I was supposed to be maintaining 8/10, so whenever I caught myself I tried to gear up and get moving again. There were many times I was breathing pretty hard and several times where I thought to myself, “I am SOOOO going to pay for this on the run.”

Mile 20 came and went at 59:50ish. I saw the hour mark coming up and started looking for the 20 mile sign. By this time I had remembered that I started the Ergomo late, so I knew I was right at 20mph pace or just a few seconds late (since technically the course was only 24.8 miles). I pulled out my gel here and it took me awhile to eat it. When I tore the top off I accidentally tore it pretty high so the gel was coming out VERY slowly. The gel problem slowed me down a LITTLE bit but I was still passing some people even with only one arm on the aero bars. As soon as I was done with my gel I pushed it up again because I was SO determined to make that 20mph average! But alas, it was not to be. As the course turned back towards transition it was right into a headwind and I saw my speed drop to 16-18 mph. I would later find out it was a bit of a gradual uphill too. I was pushing pretty hard and still passing people. I thought I would maybe have a chance if I pushed it up.

I had to throttle back a bit the last quarter mile. I wanted to get my feet out of my shoes before the cobblestones. Then I didn’t want to eat it on the cobblestones. So the last quarter mile was a spindown. Hopped off the bike at the dismount line, saw 1:15:xx on my Ergomo, and ran the 20 seconds to the transition mat. Hit the HRM lap button at the mat.

Nothing. I pushed 180 watts NP/174 average. Holy crap. SO close to 20mph. I have never been that fast in a bike segment before!

Okay, okay…so I would learn the flying mount. My little pedal/gear issue drew blood! I looked down after the race and I had a small gash on the back of my right leg!
Transition 2
  • 02m 20s
Comments:

Transition was HUGE! I jogged with my bike towards my spot. Jeff Bostic (bostic) caught sight of me and shouted hello. I turned my head to wave. Geez, most of the guys I knew were already done and I still had to go run a 10k!

At my spot I racked the bike, put on the socks (socks took forever) and shoes, sprayed sunblock (again desperately trying to avoid the inevitable sunburn), exchanged hat for helmet, made sure I still had a gel in my pocket, grabbed my race belt and RAN!

My transitions seem kind of slow, but NO ONE in my AG went under a minute on either one. The transition area was just that big. Some of the pros went under a minute but I bet they were sprinting.

Go faster.
Run
  • 59m 19s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Splits first.
Mile split/AHR/MHR
10:02/164/169
9:41/167/171
9:35/167/172
9:38/167/188
9:25/170/180
9:00/176/185
2:02/181/185

These splits are off my HRM so they don’t quite add up to the official results. Off by 4” and I bet those can just get taken off of the 0.2 since I stopped my watch several seconds after crossing the finish.

I was instructed to take the first 800meters easy then gradually build the effort keeping a 7/10 until the turn around then 8/10 for mile 4, 9/10 for mile 5, 9+/10 for the last mile. Final instructions, “It is all about how much pain you can take.” Yeah…those were the instructions. Immediately my legs were hurting. I mean…seriously…I pushed HARD on the bike! Mostly my CALVES were feeling it. I am not entirely sure why. But I forefoot land when I run now and every step I could FEEL my calves aching. I actually thought they might cramp up eventually but they never did. But my legs were pretty tired so the easy 800meters turned into an easy mile. As you can see from the splits, the first mile was the slowest in 10:02. During that first mile Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl passed me and went out of sight. Dammit. I was kind of happy that an aid station came up pretty early in the run because I planned to walk the aid stations. Instead of 9:1 which I used in training, it was just FAR easier to walk from just prior to just after the aid stations. The aid stations were approximately every mile so it worked out well. I don’t think I ever got a full minute of walking in, but I got enough and it enabled me to drink water and let it settle for 15” before running again. I will admit that EVERY time I had to start running again I was having to work hard MENTALLY to get my butt going. A couple of times I used the “3…2…1…0.5…0.25” or....”no, the NEXT cone” excuses, but I don’t think I ever delayed it more than 15” or so.

At this point in the race I had not seen another BTer YET! I started looking at the runners coming the other way hoping I would recognize someone to say hi to. I know this maybe distracted me a bit…um, but that was the point. I had to get my mind on something OTHER than running. I don’t think it slowed me down too much though. I was able to bump up the effort a little after the first mile marker. There were lots of people out on the course with hoses and I took advantage of every one of those. It was WAY hot! Every aid station I drank a cup of water and dumped one over my head.

Miles 2 and 3 were very consistent as I just tried to maintain a steady effort. I think it was during the third mile that I saw Christine (Lucy) going the other way and a few other BTers (in BT gear) that I didn’t recognize but shouted a “Go BT!” to. Finally made the turnaround and tried to push up the effort just a smidge. But I ended up walking twice during that point because I walked for the aid station just before the turnaround then hit that aid station AGAIN pretty close AFTER the turnaround. It was a good thing they were close though, I forgot to eat my gel before the turn around so I ate it right after that second aid station. Gooey mouth for a bit but at least I knew I had just had plenty of water to digest it! But as always, that much water and gel close together gave me a little queasy stomach for a few hundred yards. So, mile 4 was about the same speed as 2 and 3 due to two aid stations AND a gel despite the faster “effort”. I think it was during mile four that I passed Sue (sue7013) and then almost immediately after saw Jess (Tri Take Me Away) coming the other way. It had to be really close together. I heard Jess and Sue say hi to each other. Shortly later I saw Janice (Janice) coming the other way too. Yay! Go BT! I passed Christine and another BTer and said hi to both.

Mile 4 was also where I came to the conclusion that my legs were a little better. I had that “no, I didn’t ride my bike today” feeling. Or at least that, “well, I wouldn’t necessarily GUESS that I had ridden by bike today” feeling. I am actually not sure exactly where that transition took place, but it did!

So, with that knowledge, I managed to push up the effort a LITTLE bit for mile 5. It was slightly faster. Just slightly. BUT THEN… I SAW her—f’ing Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl! And she was going slow!!!! Hahahahahahahah! I PASSED her at a good clip and never looked back. I think she was in my AG.

As I passed the mile 6 marker I tried to pick it up with whatever I had left. Which wasn’t much. Somewhere in there my form started to go to crap. I started compensating for the achy calves by heel striking more and had to consciously try to force myself to forefoot strike, though I wasn’t doing a good job! I just kept telling myself that it wasn’t much farther. I knew I got one more walk break (which by then I was actually REALLY looking forward to). I checked my watch after that and estimated I only had 5-6 more minutes of pain left. Now the form really went to pot and I was just hanging on for dear life. I got passed by a few people in the last quarter mile but as far as I could tell none were in my AG.

Typical finish…got some space for my cartwheel and knocked that out and crossed the finish line. Can I stop now? Whew.

Tough. I was really surprised I went under an hour. The way my legs felt when I started…I would not have expected it. But I know I can go faster. It was supposed to be all about how much pain I could take, and the honest assessment is that I probably could have taken a little bit more. Don’t get me wrong…I was hurting pretty good. But can’t you always hurt more?

Anyway, I have to be happy with it. My mile splits went down as I went along (in general of course) so I can’t ask for much more than that. I think I executed the plan.
Post race
Warm down:

I got my icy towel (ahhhhhhh) and a water and they took my chip off. Then I made my way to where I knew the BT banner was. I chatted with the BTers for a second and then went off for some post-race food. I ate it even though my stomach was still doing flip flops because I knew I had put in a hard effort and had to get something in my system. I had to hit the porta potties shortly after that (WHY does this happen to me every race???) but then I felt better. I was soaking wet and covered with salt but I was pretty sure the majority of that salt was from the ocean. I never cramped up and I don’t ever take salt tablets, so unless I had a highly unusual day, it had to be the ocean. I just hung out with the BTers until we all decided to head back to the Bed and Breakfast to rally up. So I gathered up my transition stuff and walked back with Jess. I took a shower right away and that SO made me feel better!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

1. Lack of run training.
2. Lots of work travel in April (mostly impacted the swim due to lack of pool time and general fatigue).
3. The 20 extra pounds I carry around!

Event comments:

Let’s see, let’s see.
ast year:

29 1188 Jennifer Dicarlo 27 Abilene TX 19 27:06 2:49 38 1:19:34 2:16 41 55:40 29 2:47:23

This year:

35 1358 3700 Jennifer Dicarlo 28 Rapid City SD 2:44:52 23 25:03 1:41 1:55 35 1:16:17 19.5 2:20 57 59:19 9:33

So, I was only 2:xx faster than last year. I gained time on the swim (duh…it was WAY flatter this year!) and the bike (all that extra effort and only 3 minutes faster???) but lost time on the run. Transitions were slightly faster. Hence, slightly faster overall. It’s NOT a PR (I ran faster in Memphis last year) but not a bad effort.

The race in general was VERY well organized. Everything went on time. However, I was disappointed in a couple of things. FIRST, that they put the chicks in the last waves again. They claim it causes the least bike course congestion, but if you ask me it was WAY congested on the bike. There can’t be just one wave start solution and it really screws the chicks over. We end up having to deal with more wind and much worse heat than the boys. It got VERY hot out there.

Second, I didn’t see a single official on the run course and saw at least two people running with headphones. If you announced a rule a zillion times before a race, you really needed to have people out on the course enforcing it. I saw several officials out on the bike course, but with a race this size I felt like they needed more.

Last updated: 2007-04-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:25:03 | 1640 yards | 01m 32s / 100yards
Age Group: 23/124
Overall: 0/3444
Performance: Below average
Suit: Promotion Sleeveless
Course: Three fourths of a rectangle.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current: Low
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:55
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
01:16:17 | 24.85 miles | 19.55 mile/hr
Age Group: 35/124
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Here there and everywhere.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 93
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Below average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:20
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:59:19 | 06.21 miles | 09m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 57/124
Performance: Average
Course: Out and back, flat through neighborhoods. Some shade in the neighborhoods.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-04-30 8:16 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Subject: St. Anthony's Triathlon

2007-04-30 8:22 PM
in reply to: #782575

User image

Master
Plant City, FL
Subject: RE: St. Anthony's Triathlon
Great race Jen!!   It was fun seeing you again this weekend!!  
2007-04-30 8:25 PM

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Nice race, roomie.  Now 4 more days of solid effort, and you're home. Nice work.
2007-04-30 8:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Now I know why it took you so long to post a race report..you've been writing this epic over the last 24 hours. 

Great to meet you in person, and I'm sorry that we didn't get more time to talk.  When you are with the 'cool singles' table I guess you get to bail out on the family folks.  I hope you at least drank some beer with Rick for me.  

Oh yeah..great race as well!  I wish I'd had time to stay and watch all of y'all finish.  I hate crowded weekend schedules. 

2007-04-30 9:07 PM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South

you rock, girlie.  Outstanding run. 

I shot off a couple emails about the headphones thing.  I'll let ya know if I get an answer. 

2007-05-01 7:26 AM

User image

Pro
MA

Great job with getting faster on this race, Jen!!!  You got faster in 2 out of 3 events.  You're a fish! 

2007-05-01 8:41 AM

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Nice job on the race Jen.  It was killer hot by the time you started the run.  It was nice to meet you as well.
2007-05-01 10:03 AM

User image

Master
Red Sox Nation
Super race Jen!  It was great to see you again!  Especially your smiling face at Mile 2.  You rock!  Keep up the good work ... can't wait to see next years times! 
2007-05-01 11:39 AM

User image

Expert
Denver
It took me two days to read this. I started last night and finished today. 3' on the bike is 3' on the bike. It's real time if you ask me, so nice job in the improvement. Sounds like a fun weekend.
2007-05-01 11:52 AM

User image

Master
San Diego, CA

Great race report!  Excellent race!

"f’ing Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl! And she was going slow!!!! Hahahahahahahah! I PASSED her at a good clip and never looked back."

That was soooooo funny!  Teal Girl never knew what hit her when you blew by!

Good job! 

PS - Awesome swim time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 

2007-05-01 1:48 PM

, Alabama

Jen, you just rock the house down!  What a great race for you!

Sharon

2007-05-02 12:00 PM

User image

Master
Colorado

Nice work Jen!!!!!  I would have though you learned your swim lesson at the 5430 long course last year...  START UP FRONT!!!  You are fast enough for that chica   Either way, it was a good day for you.  Sounds like you pushed the bike pretty well and made a solid effort onthe end of the run.  Now you get to have knee surgery and swim train for the 10k   See how I'm always looking ahead for ya!

2007-05-02 12:21 PM

User image

Master
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Great race Jen!  You and I are so alike, very analytical and statistical!  I admit I'm a geek when it comes to stats!  You did awesome though!  That swim...just absolutely incredible!!!  It was so good to sit and chat with you this time around, we need to do that more next time!  Awesome job out there!!
2007-05-02 6:00 PM

User image

Your RR's are so detailed! Love it!

I'm a little out of breathe now and need to stretch
Great job!

2007-05-02 10:34 PM

User image

Champion
MA

Great Race Jen!

Your RR has such fun details! I never really go after folks on the bike..maybe I'm strange I just ride my pace.

You are a great balanced triathlete with incredible determination..hope you get on the Air Force team...with your swim times you'd be out of the water in the lead group and drafting smart on the bike. 

It was super to meet you and hang with you down in Fl!

Congrats on a PB on the course..if you are in the US I hope you come next year! 

2007-05-03 9:58 AM

User image

Master
Frisco, Texas

Great race, Jen.  Very nice pace on the bike!  It's official....you've become a cyclist !

TJ

2007-05-03 4:42 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-05-03 9:11 PM

Master
Kingston Ontario

Way to go Jen!! Great race!

You're a swim machine, girl Having the ability to swim straight is a gift.  I have it too (I wish I were fast as well, though) so it must come with the name Jen.

Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl got what was coming to her.  You don't mess with Jen. 

The Zoot rep was here doing a show last weekend.  I didn't see any teal bikini bottoms.  Maybe she is in last year's model to boot.....sheesh!!

2007-05-03 10:32 PM

Veteran
Norcross, GA

Wow, great job on the race!  Your splits are definitely impressive.  Next year, you ought to definitely get the massage.  It was worth waiting for and helped me relax after the race .  I missed out on the food this year b/c of it tho.

2007-05-04 9:05 AM

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Hey, I was Teal Zoot Bikini Bottoms Girl.... jk. Teal just isn't my color and I don't wear a bikini anymore!
Great race and report!
I'm guessing we must have seen each other on the course a few times; and I'm sure I was helping muck up your swim at the finish. I never made it over to the BT area so I missed out on meeting everyone and didn't know who to look for on the course. Maybe our tri paths will cross again and we can actually meet.
Good luck with the "Year of Jen".
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » St. Anthony's Triathlon Rss Feed