Allentown, Pennsylvania
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 53m 51s
Overall Rank = 983/3000
Age Group = 35-40
Age Group Rank = 123/235
Pre-race routine:

Nothing to exciting going on here other trying to get some food in my belly. I normally have a bagel and peanut butter, but i think the peanut butter has been causing some stomach issues so i decided to play it safe.
Event warmup:

short 5 min run
Run
  • 1h 53m 51s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

My plan was to run the first 5 miles in zone 1-low zone 2, the next 5 miles upper zone 2 to lower zone 3, and the last 3 miles all out. I didn't know how well this plan would work out for me since i have been battling an IT band injury since last November and my training has been that great lately. I first met up with some of my tri teammates who trusted me and decided to do this race after i talked it up during the winter
I stuck to my plan the entire my IT band was annoying most of the race but at this point i just ingore it. I knew it was going to be tough when i got to mile 10 and needed to pick it up one more time, i think i pick up the pace but they didn't have mile markers out every mile like they did in year past. Mile 11 and 12 were hard i just couldn't make myself run any faster, and this has been my M.O. the past 2 years, i need to clear this hurdle. I was able to reach down and run a little faster the last mile which was a good feeling. I crossed the line about 40 seconds slower than i did last year, but i had a feeling i would with my injury and lack of training. Overall i thought i did pretty well the goal for my next 1/2 mary is 1:50 i know i can hit this mark.
What would you do differently?:

i did the best i could.
Post race
Warm down:

stretching the IT band got some food in me, cold bath.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

IT Band

Event comments:

Great race anyone that is looking to do a early 1/2 mary and lives in the philly area should do this race. Sign up early cause it will close out.

Last updated: 2007-04-30 12:00 AM
Running
01:53:51 | 13.1 miles | 08m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/235
Overall: 0/3000
Performance: Good
Course: great course had a little bit of everything. Asphalt, path, small hills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-01 7:10 AM

User image

Master
Cinnaminson, NJ
Subject: Lehigh Valley 1/2 Marathon

2007-05-01 8:37 AM
in reply to: #782912

User image

Veteran
Haddonfield, NJ
Subject: RE: Lehigh Valley 1/2 Marathon
Glad you had a good race.  The weather was great and the organization was impressive.  I definitely enjoyed the day too.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lehigh Valley 1/2 Marathon Rss Feed