General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
500 Festival
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 10m 10s
Overall Rank = 10768/35000
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Wake up and take a shower. Eat a cliff builder bar with some gatorade. Hang out with jim and marc. then head over to the race start.
Event warmup:

Walk 2 blocks over to the race start and had some cliff shots before race start. (i had some serious bowel issues before, during and after race).
Run
  • 2h 10m 10s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

First 4 miles were rt on what i had set for a target pace. I dont know what it is about a race vs. a training run but it has a negitive effect on my mental state. after 4 miles it felt like i had not run that far before and that 13.1 miles felt real daunting. it was hard focusing on each miles as one task. I never really felt to overly hot out on the course. this race was more mental than the first time i had run it.
What would you do differently?:

1. I would like to think that i would actually train to run this distance maybe then i could reach my goals.

2. Use GU's again instead of cliff blocks(cant chew them when out of breath)screwed around with them for 45 sec. at mile 6.will walking

3. thats it. work harder in the off season.
Post race
Warm down:

Tried not to faint getting to the exit of the race. it took 30 min. to think straigt. i was very disorented for a while after the race. Went looking for my friends after the race. I did not find them in the park or the beer tent.

Jim and mark looked for me for two hrs then finally they made a hard desicion to leave and go back to the car where i was waiting for them. T

To Jim and Marc. I am very sorry i did not stay in the park area and look harder for you guys. i am also sorry you hard to walk all over hell with looking for me especially after what we have been thought that day!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not training enough for that distance of a race.

Event comments:

Train harder! Be very clear on where you are to meet you friends after the race!!

Last updated: 2007-05-07 12:00 AM
Running
02:10:10 | 13.1 miles | 09m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/35000
Performance: Average
Course: Mostly flat with some long false falts. lots of turning and corners would not be so bad if there were not 20 other people tring to be at the same place at the same time.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-07 8:41 AM

User image

Subject: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed