General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bismarck Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-09 8:28 PM

Veteran
North Dakota
Subject: Bismarck Triathlon
I was just wondering if anyone is doing this race?? I don't think I will as it won't fit in my schedule too well but am thinking about coming over and volunteering.

2007-05-10 11:53 AM
in reply to: #795255

User image

Subject: RE: Bismarck Triathlon
I am also thinking of doing it, I work in the Oil Patch so it depends on if I am stuck out in Eastern Montana or home in Bismarck.
The race should be very well run. I just went to the Beginner Marathon seminar for the Roughrider Bismarck Marathon last night. Melanie Carvell gave talk on cross training & mental prep. She is very involved with promoting the sport of Triathlon, you can call her & ask any questions about the Bismarck race or training for triathlon. Her phone# & email are on the race website. Cathy Deics gave the talk on nutrition which was also very good she also provides nutrition coahing for triathletes. She has a website but you will have to google it since I don't know the www-address.
The water temp is currently 68 degrees in Misty Waters Bay. The bike & run are in the Missouri River bottoms, flat as the Red River Valley.

If you are close to Bismarck get in touch with me by email. There are lots of experienced Triathletes in Bismarck that are more than willing to give out good advice. We also have Epic Sports which has a good selection of tri products.
2007-05-10 12:06 PM

Veteran
North Dakota
Thanks for the information. I'm in the same boat as you work wise. If I'm not working weekends I will probably come over. I am just looking at doing really well in the Tri MN Series and will be in stretch off my training that will be tough and I don't want to waste two weeks of training to taper, race and then recover. Good luck if you end up doing it!!
2007-05-11 1:42 PM

User image

One more thing Nathan, The Misty Waters bay is very sheltered and currently only 5 ft. deep the water level will be held low until the Piping Plovers & Least Terns are done nesting. This means no waves & just stand up if you're having a tough swim. Also I read you're from Jamestown, the Pipestem Creek trail is one of the sweetest trails to run on anywhere, for that matter Jamestown has the best trail system for walking, running & mountain biking anywhere. Oh I forgot to mention birding gets an A+ too. Tuesday night is fast bike training night in Bismarck if you happen to be in the area.
2007-06-02 10:16 PM

Borderline ND
I will be there as well, this is my first one.. I will garantee that I wil be the biggest guy there....

I lost 40 lbs for it but unfortunately didnt lose enough at least for me.
soo walk up and say hi......

Gunner
2007-06-02 10:24 PM
in reply to: #827021

Veteran
North Dakota
Hey that's awesome though Gunner!! As long as the weather is decent I plan to come over and watch. I see you are a new member to this website which is great!! I joined in January and have found that it is extremely useful in organizing my workouts and goals. Don't be afraid to stop in the chat room either if you have time. Keep up the great work!! If you ever have a question, feel free to send me a message, I'd be more than happy to help!!

2007-06-03 10:14 AM

User image

Veteran
Kalispell MT
good luck to all in the Bismarck Tri!!!!!!

Nathan, happy jockstrapping.
2007-06-05 7:13 PM

User image

I plan on racing if I can get off work. I'm seriously thinking about heading down to Rapid City for their race, same day pool swim. My work site is actually about 40 miles closer to Rapid.

I don't have a wetsuit & the Misty Water Bay is super cold. I tried taking a cold shower for 5 minutes to simulate the water temp. & about froze to death. I've got a big scar on my stomach. It must be pretty noticable because the kids at the pool comment on it under their breathe. Probably have on an Epic bike jersey on after the swim.

MD. Gunner are you related to the Gundersons from Bismarck or were you a serious jock back in the day, your name sounds familiar.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bismarck Triathlon Rss Feed