United States
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 39m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Not much of one, this time.. MIL and BIL were running the Half, I was originally going to run that, as well, but had an important business training meeting come up, so because of time constraints, I switched to a 5K, just to run something. Damon's parents and his brother, wife and their son (they are visiting for a week after Dustin returned from Iraq a couple of weeks ago) came up on Friday, we spent the day together.

On Sat, we got up and stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and bagels/donuts. Yes, I had a fritter.. BAD Lena.. I was lax about it since I was only running 3 miles :)
Event warmup:

Easy jog in Lake Geneva. The place is GORGEOUS!!!
Run
  • 39m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Don't know what my rank was (they don't have my results online, I'm guessing because I switched from a Half to a 5K the morning of the race), don't want to know what my rank was. My pace was HORRIBLE. I couldn't fall into a rhythm, remember thinking the run felt harder than both of the Half-marathons I did earlier this spring.... I don't think hills have too much to do with it, either, because my Cary half was all hills, and I did fine. How pathetic is it that my Half pace averages at 11 min mile, and the 5 K was almost at a 13 min mile?? Oh well. I did enjoy the run and told myself not to stress over it.

The *only* defense I have is that my shin ached the WHOLE run (and the whole day afterwards), and while I did push myself somewhat, I didn't want to really overdo it. The shin should have gotten 100% better by now, considering that outside of races, I have not run hardly at all this last month. It hasn't, and is getting worse. think i may have to go see a doc...
What would you do differently?:

run faster LOL
Post race
Warm down:

Run to the bathroom LOL Stretching a bit...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Shin pain. Feeling totally off for whatever reason. In a small way, being disappointed that I didn't get to run the Half-Marathon with my MIL and BIL........

Still a great event, I did really enjoy the experience :)

Event comments:

Not much to comment, since I ran a 5K, not a Half. I do wish the put the mile markers on, there weren't any, so no way to judge the pace. I know that on the Half course, there were no mile markers after mile 6...what's up with that? I would definitely suggest having mile markers on every course, the whole way. Other than that, seemed organized good.... would like to do it again, a half and then, in a couple of years, the full Marathon :)

Last updated: 2007-05-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:39:00 | 03.11 miles | 12m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: VERY hilly.. BIG hills, up, down, up, down, you get the idea. Started by the lake, went through some neighborhoods in the woods. The course was out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes