General Discussion Race Reports! » NM Law Enforcement Torch Run: Final Leg Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

NM Law Enforcement Torch Run: Final Leg - Run3 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Albuquerque, New Mexico
United States
NM Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics
Total Time = 38m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Worked most of the day, leaving early to make the two hour drive to Albuquqerque. Watched as each of the four groups brought their torch into Civic Plaza.
Event warmup:

Walked around talking with some of the other Officers I knew. Did a little stretching.
Run
  • 38m
  • 3 miles
  • 12m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

This was the final leg of a law enforcement relay which brought a torch from each corner of the state and carried them to the opening ceremonies of the Special Olympics State Summer Games. The purpose is to raise money and awareness for Special Olympics.

This leg of the relay was a group run from Civic Plaza through downtown and finally to the UNM Track and Field Stadium. The course was a gradual climb leaving downtown.

The pace was "casual", though there were a couple of places where I started walking because I couldn't run any slower.

Upon arrival outside the stadium, we grouped in formation and after some waiting, we ran into the stadium to the cheers of our biggest fans.

38:00 minutes was where I stopped my watch. Actual time would have been faster.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to the chow tent grabbed a burger, sat down, and munched. After pondering if ABQkid had made it, it turned out we were eating at the same table.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The group went slower than my usual pace; basically a non-issue for this type of event.

Event comments:

Event is a Law Enforcement Relay raising money and awareness for Special Olympics.

Last updated: 2007-05-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:00 | 03 miles | 12m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Civic Plaza to UNM Track and Field Stadium
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-05-20 6:24 PM

User image

Expert
New Mexico
Subject: NM Law Enforcement Torch Run: Final Leg

2007-05-20 7:44 PM
in reply to: #808799

User image

Veteran
Albuquerque, NM
Subject: RE: NM Law Enforcement Torch Run: Final Leg
Great job for such a great event. Very cool that you finally got to meet ABQKid.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » NM Law Enforcement Torch Run: Final Leg Rss Feed