General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree City International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Peachtree City International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Peachtree City, Georgia
United States
Tri4gold
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 16m 39s
Overall Rank = 176/210
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 5/7
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early(4:30am) and drove to PTC. Went straight to packet pick up and then headed to transition. Used bathroom. Ran into friends(thank all that's good in the world) and headed to swim start. I ate a gu and half of a tri-bar or something gross. Got it in a goody bag from previous race :)
Event warmup:

umm..nope.
Swim
  • 44m 2s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 41s / 100 yards
Comments:

Oh wow. Longest swim of my life. Thought that the entire time too. Got to the first buoy and was like holy crap that took a long time. I was hoping it was all in my head but no such luck. It really did take me a while. There was lake seaweed for the first 100 meters and that was delicious! Especially fun when it webbed in your fingers and toes.
What would you do differently?:

Oh man. Well to start with train. I can say with absolute certainty the reason for this time is my lack of training in the past month. It's been a long December er I mean April/May :) I've had to make two unexpected and emotional trips home which cut the swim training completely out. I believe I've swam 3 times in the last 3 weeks and who knows before that.
Transition 1
  • 03m 40s
Comments:

I could not get the stupid wetsuit off! It just added to my awesome time in the water. All I could think about during the swim ws get me to my bike. Then it took me 2 minutes to get my wetsuit off. Nice.

Be faster with the removal of the wetsuit. Other than that I did well. Peed in motion and got out quick.
Bike
  • 1h 33m 42s
  • 25 miles
  • 16.01 mile/hr
Comments:

My head was still in the water at the beginning of the bike. Plus it was FREEZING. I don't feel like I really pushed the bike on the first half of the course like I could have. There were hardly no riders around when I was on bike due to my SLOW swim. I did manage to pass a couple people on bike but mostly I was out there alone. I didn't start having fun or really racing until the middle of the course. I had a bad attitude let's just say. I was ready for the run. Looking forward to it actually.

Push myself a little harder. Even though there's no one around to physically race I'm still racing the clock. Let go of the swim.
Transition 2
  • 01m 54s
Comments:

Transition went smoothly. Couldn't find my race number and I put my wet wetsuit on top of my running shoes but besides that it was good.

Don't throw my wetsuit on top of my running shoes because they will be wet when I go to put them on.
Run
  • 55m 24s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

Run went great. I did make a pit stop at porta pot at mile 1 which was unavoidable. I would have been miserable. Despite stopping I had a great run. Felt strong the entire time. I was never passed(not too many people behind me anyway) but I did manage to catch up (and pass) a bunch of people on the course which was surprising given I saw no one on the bike.

Nothing. Well except try to figure out how not to have to pee but that could be a little difficult.
Post race
Warm down:

Massage, food, water. Stayed for the awards..Alexis got 2nd in our AG. Good job friend.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Like I said before my training has been inconsistant and in certain events non-existant in the last month or so due to work and family matters. All of which were unavoidable. I've been a giant ball of stress and this event marked the end of all that. I (as far as I know) from this point forward will be bale to get back to a regular training schedule. I am disappointed in my swim performance and know I can do much better than that with a little consistency. The swim is by far my weakest event so it needs to not be my weakest in training. Not to say I can slack on the other two..just that swimming can't take a back seat.

Event comments:

There needs to be mile markers on the run and bike courses. I had no idea where I was on either. Thankfully on the run course there were spectators who knew and would shout out to us.

Last updated: 2007-05-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:44:02 | 1640 yards | 02m 41s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/7
Overall: 0/210
Performance: Below average
Suit: Wetsuit
Course: Rectangle. Out 700 over 100 back 700.
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Good Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 03:40
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Below average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:33:42 | 25 miles | 16.01 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/7
Performance: Average
Wind: None
Course: Hilly out through a nice neighborhood to country roads and back in through same hood. The course was nice but definitely hilly. The only bad thing was there were no mile markers and very little course markers. This could have been better. Oh and it was cold cold cold.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:54
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:55:24 | 06.21 miles | 08m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/7
Performance: Good
Course: Beautiful wooded course. This was my favorite part of the day. The course was on the PTC golf course path or something(people were riding golf carts on it) It was gorgeous.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-05-21 10:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Peachtree City International Triathlon

2007-05-21 10:20 AM
in reply to: #809561

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Peachtree City International Triathlon
You really have been through a lot in the last month. The part you need to be proud of is that you still managed to hang in there and get some workouts in, and even race. A very important race for you that you will look to for a long time to come, if not look to throughout your whole triathlon career.  Surviving all the adversity like you have and still racing says a lot about you. Better races lie ahead, but i would bet that none are as important as this one was. Great Job Ame.
2007-05-21 12:07 PM
in reply to: #809601

User image

Subject: RE: Peachtree City International Triathlon
amy! i am so impressed that you went to this alone. i think you did great especially considering all you have been through lately.   you definitely are showing perseverance and tenacity...to race now.   kick butt job on the run too!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree City International Triathlon Rss Feed