Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Rant, Rant, RANT... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-05-23 11:19 AM
in reply to: #812910

User image

Crystal Lake, IL
Subject: RE: Rant, Rant, RANT...
Hey Scout - can you please imagine me a little bit faster and with a bigger <cough> tri budget? 

2007-05-23 11:23 AM

User image

Elite
DC Metro, slowly working my way to NC
Damn, y'all have been busy this morning.

FishrCutB8 - Get in line for the rock throwing and then re-evaluate whether this counts as a rant.

jmcelroy - Ditto. Just wish I could see these people from a mile away and run.

Chippy - It made me laugh, too, but I can't tell HIM that.

hangloose - phhhbbt.

triguyfitz - *snort*

1 Foot - were we separated at birth?

hiker - Yup, it's time to refine the take a hike list. Oh, and if the rejection letter didn't make me laugh, the imaginary friends would have.

Bluejack - Yup, and yet it still catches me off guard every damn time.

maxmattnick - Yes, I am mad at myself, too - I should see this stuff coming so I can either sidestep it or prepare myself for it, and I never realize it until it's too late.

Gina76 - Yes, I think some firings may be in order.

Scout - Why does this not surprise me.

madkat - Very good points - thing is I actually *do* know what's going on w/this person, and when things are good, the rest of the world doesn't even exist, and when things aren't, all of a sudden I'm the one getting my ear bent six ways from Sunday. I'm afraid if I said "I feel..." right now, it would be "I feel like punching you right in the nose..."

So yea, I'm ticked. Ticked at myself for letting crap like this happen, ticked at him for being such a twit (it's not even a relationship thing, just happens to be a guy) and mad that people in general take advantage of other people way too often. I just don't want to become "that person" who is closed off from EVERYONE cause of a few idiots - I already spent a good chunk of my life that way and I am finally a little less that way now, but it's been a long road.

Oh, and for those that remember the "I'm going to hell" post, I've run into that friend a few more times and we've talked about many things that had nothing to do with me, so at least things are OK on that front.
2007-05-23 11:58 AM

User image

Master
Malvern, PA

good luck...

I think we've all been here and found out that things always work out...

just remember that the world really has many more good people than bad...

2007-05-23 11:59 AM

User image

Elite
West Chicago, IL
I'd be proud to be your long lost sister since birth!!! I hope you find peace with the situation. Oh yeah ... and remember to ALLOW people to do things for you. I know how us independent, capable women are ... but if someone offers to do something for you that you'd gladly do for them without thinking twice, try saying "Yes, please." It gets easier to determine who is giving back.

I've printed this on some pretty paper and I keep it near me ...

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
2007-05-23 12:01 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-05-23 12:03 PM
in reply to: #813601

Elite
maxmattmick - 2007-05-23 12:58 PM

good luck...

I think we've all been here and found out that things always work out...

just remember that the world really has many more good people than bad...

Yup, you're right.   

2007-05-23 12:03 PM
in reply to: #813478

2007-05-23 12:05 PM
in reply to: #813602

Elite

1 Foot The Other

I've printed this on some pretty paper and I keep it near me ...

I've got that around here somewhere, too - it's time to get it printed out and in front of me. 

2007-05-23 12:06 PM
in reply to: #813605

Elite
spokes - 2007-05-23 1:01 PM

Cindy - you are one of the nicest people here.

As for the other person, may his gonads get dry rot and fall off - slowly and painfully.

Thank you and I almost shot coffee out my nose. :

2007-05-23 12:10 PM
in reply to: #813624

2007-05-23 12:38 PM

Runner
I said I'M a figment, not the rest of you.  Of course, for all *I* know, you very well could be.  I tend not to worry about it too much.  Neither should you.

2007-05-23 7:36 PM

Elite
Bay Area, CA
BodyCheck - 2007-05-22 9:57 PM

I don't ask a whole lot out of people. Treat me as well as you treat everyone else in your life. Not unreasonable in my eyes, but apparently too much to ask for some people.

If I'm going to be your go-to girl for emotional support when you need it, the LEAST you can do is acknowledge my existence when everything is going OK in your life.

Well, IMO you should be asking more out of people.  Give someone (emotional support, friendly bantering, whatever...) then see what they give back. 

If you are always there for people (learned this the hard way) then sometimes when you need them, you find that it was always a one-way street - you just didn't realize it.  Make SURE the street goes both ways before you give too much.  Take a little bit right in the beginning.  They bend your ear, you bend theirs.  Make sure the person is worthy of ear-bending time.  Otherwise, move on, cause you'll already know that you have an "emotional vampire" on your hands before you depend on them to be there for you (which, of course, they are incapable of.)

2007-05-24 7:25 AM
in reply to: #813699

Runner

So, there I was, running (big surprise there), thinking about existence, and what it means, and Dog (or God, for the non-dyslexics), and I determined that you are all pretty safe in terms of winking out of existence at my whim.  See, if you were a figment of my imagination, you'd be nekkid alot more often, and I  would know about it.

So there you go.  I've proven scientifically that you exist, independently of my thoughts and imaginings.  Existential crisis over.

You're welcome.

2007-05-24 8:22 AM
in reply to: #814761

Champion
The Green Between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
Scout7 - 2007-05-24 8:25 AM

So, there I was, running (big surprise there), thinking about existence, and what it means, and Dog (or God, for the non-dyslexics), and I determined that you are all pretty safe in terms of winking out of existence at my whim.  See, if you were a figment of my imagination, you'd be nekkid alot more often, and I  would know about it.

So there you go.  I've proven scientifically that you exist, independently of my thoughts and imaginings.  Existential crisis over.

You're welcome.

But you haven't proven the converse hypothesis. On my run, I pondered this point and thought, "If you're a figment of our imaginations, you'd be wearing clothes, and often."

So, do you often wear clothes? If "yes" I'd be worried if I were you...

Edited by FishrCutB8 2007-05-24 8:23 AM
2007-05-24 8:38 AM
in reply to: #814836

Runner
FishrCutB8 - 2007-05-24 9:22 AM
Scout7 - 2007-05-24 8:25 AM

So, there I was, running (big surprise there), thinking about existence, and what it means, and Dog (or God, for the non-dyslexics), and I determined that you are all pretty safe in terms of winking out of existence at my whim. See, if you were a figment of my imagination, you'd be nekkid alot more often, and I would know about it.

So there you go. I've proven scientifically that you exist, independently of my thoughts and imaginings. Existential crisis over.

You're welcome.

But you haven't proven the converse hypothesis. On my run, I pondered this point and thought, "If you're a figment of our imaginations, you'd be wearing clothes, and often." So, do you often wear clothes? If "yes" I'd be worried if I were you...

I already know I'm not a figment of your imagination.  I'm a figment of mine.  And I wear clothes often enough to not get arrested, and hold a steady job. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Rant, Rant, RANT... Rss Feed  

of 2