Canada
12C / 54F
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 19m 2s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 4/10
Pre-race routine:

This lasted a really long time due to the pool swim. We were divided into heats with about 15 people in each one. Slowest went first, fastest last. I was in heat 7 out of 11. We had to get to the race early because transition closed at 8am as the first wave went out plus the duathlon. But I didn't START until 10!! The last wave didn't start until 11. It was interesting trying to figure out how to set up transition 'cause it was COLD and POURING BUCKETS out. I kept everything in my bag with a garbage bag liner, knowing that T1 was gonna be a fiasco.
I didn't bother warming up outside in the pouring rain, and you couldn't get into the pool to do a swim warm up. Fortunately a whole pile of KMSers were there so we hung out, horsed around, checked to see if it stopped raining (nope), watched the other swimmers and whoo hooed those who were going before us.
I started so late that I had to eat another power bar.
Swim
  • 09m 53s
  • 500 meters
  • 01m 59s / 100 meters
Comments:

I thought I swam faster than that. Huh. Oh well, I was in front of most of the people in my wave anyways.
What would you do differently?:

Be in OW!! I HATE the pool!!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1 and T2 times were incorporated into the bike split....WTF??? I have no idea how long this was, but it was a disaster. I came running out of the pool in my tri suit to 12C/53F and raining. Yi Yi Yi!! Had to run across a parking lot to the bike rack. Bikes were packed together like sardines. I had to go digging into my bag to find stuff. Decided to put a jacket on. While concentrating on that, I forgot my race belt. So at the bike mount line, I realize this. I forgot whether it mattered if I needed it and no one could tell me. So I went back to get it :( Turns out later IT DIDN'T MATTER....UUUGGGGGHH!
Trying to get the bike off just plain sucked too.

Race in good weather :)
Bike
  • 41m 48s
  • 20 kms
  • 28.71 km/hr
Comments:

Ugh, ugh and UGH. Raining the whole way, shoes were sloshing around. I could even feel the wet coming up through the hole in my saddle, making me feel like I peed my tri shorts. Covered in dirt like some Xterra racer girl.
Didn't go all out speedwise because we were on the highway. There was enough traffic going by to make me a bit askeered.

Get a nice golf umbrella for my bike
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Not too bad compared to T1. Fun trying to put socks on Really Wet Feet
Run
  • 24m 37s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 55s  min/km
Comments:

I felt fantastic on this run. Passed a lot of people. Just a flyin'. It had stopped raining at this point so I was happy

Try to figure out what made that a great run and sell the secret
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Stoopid weather

Last updated: 2007-05-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:53 | 500 meters | 01m 59s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Pool swim. I had a whole lane to myself for one of the few times in my life :)
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:41:48 | 20 kms | 28.71 km/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: Out and back on Hwy 2. Several long hills.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:37 | 05 kms | 04m 55s  min/km
Performance: Good
Course: Run up a bunch of stairs Rocky style (about 15) to the hwy 2 overpass then down a bunch of stairs to the other side. Then we went through RMC and over to Fort Henry Hill (11%grade). Ran most of the way up it (about 300m) and a kind photographer was there to document us in our finest moment. Turn around was there and then it looped back to the finish.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-05-28 9:31 PM

User image

Master
Kingston Ontario
Subject: Limestone Charity Triathlon

2007-05-29 9:00 AM
in reply to: #819718

User image

Expert
Adrian, MI
Subject: RE: Limestone Charity Triathlon

Certainly sounds like quite the experience!!  Golly, I sure as heck wouldn't want to wait around FOREVER for my wave to start!  Then buckets of rain?  MERDE! 

Maybe your swim gear slowed you down?  Did water go down your shirt like Niagra Falls?!

At least you ran lickety-split FASSSSST.

2007-05-29 3:49 PM

User image

Expert
Ontario
4th in your AG is great !!  Sounds like the transitions gave you trouble, but you had a good run.  And it was all for fun and charity, which is always a good thing.
2007-05-29 5:47 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Well you me and Jess are teh 4th place club I guess.  4th sucks!!!!  I mean its great that you were 4th of 10 but sucks to be edged out of hardware.  I know that you know what I mean!! Unbelievably fast run there girlie girl!!! COngratualtions
2007-05-29 6:55 PM

User image

Master
Plant City, FL
Did you figure out the secret yet?? I'll buy it!!   Awesome race OT girly!! You did an amazing job in some icky conditions!! YOU ROCK!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Limestone Charity Triathlon Rss Feed