United States
BolderBOULDER
Sunny
Total Time = 42m 33s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 41
Age Group Rank = 15/425
Pre-race routine:

Drove up to Boulder with Scott, Tyra and Amy. Had a cliff bar and drank some Gatorade Endurance on the way up.
Event warmup:

Parked at the mall and walked the 1.2 miles to the start. I didn't have too much time so I just got to my wave and did some stretching. I saw Mark and Michelle Dillard and their son MJ, but somehow missed Lilia at the start. We were going to push each other to be under 43 minutes which we both did anyway.
Run
  • 42m 33s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

I started off fast on the 1st mile downhill and then settled into my race pace. I wanted to try and average 6:55 per mile to be under 43 minutes. I knew after the 1st mile I had some breathing room. Mile 2 felt good too and I was ahead of my pace. Mile 3 and 4 were mostly uphill and I knew I would lose a little time here but it wasn't much. I was still ahead of schedule. I had a little bit of a side stitch during 3 and 4 but it never got too bad. Mile 5 was a little downhill and gained back more time there. I was sure at this point I was going under 43. I think I could have pushed more starting around mile 5.5 to the finish because I felt like I still had something left when I was done. It was hard to finish hard and pass people once you get into the stadium.
What would you do differently?:

I would try and finish harder the last 1/2 mile. Especially going up the hill to the stadium. I feel like I sort of just cruised from there to the finish since I knew I had met my goal time.
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked around and watched Scott, Tyra and Amy finish. Met up with fellow BT friends and had a beer and some food.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really. I think I can go faster though.

Last updated: 2007-01-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:33 | 06.21 miles | 06m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/425
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Splits: 6:21/6:45/7:06/7:04/6:46/7:05 Average HR- 173 Max HR - 188
Course: some hills but not too bad. Lots of entertainment along the way.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-05-30 5:27 PM

User image

Regular
Madison, CT
Subject: BolderBOULDER

2007-05-31 12:10 AM
in reply to: #823117

User image

A very cool place in Colorado :)
Subject: RE: BolderBOULDER

WEW-HOO! Wow, that was a smokin' fast time out there, nice work! I bet that's pretty cool to know that you could have even pushed harder

Well done ~

2007-05-31 3:35 PM
in reply to: #823117

User image

Master
San Mateo, CA
Subject: RE: BolderBOULDER
There must be something in the water in Boulder - you all posted some fast times! Nice job!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » BolderBOULDER Rss Feed