General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - Run3.5 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Rochester, New York
United States
JPMorgan Chase
88F / 31C
Overcast
Total Time = 34m 8s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got a reasonable amount of sleep on call (2-3 hours), then came home and slept 3 more. Ate breakfast at 2pm.
Planned to arrive at 5pm to avoid the crowds, and then hang out and read until the race at 7. Ran into traffic at the entrance and it took until 5:30 to get parked! Traffic was nuts, and not well directed. I hung out, looked for people I knew, admired the t-shirts.
Event warmup:

Chatting, a slow jog from the parking lot, stretching.
Run
  • 34m 8s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 09m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

I started at the 9 minute mile mark thinking that was pretty accurate. It took me 2 minutes to get to the starting line (my watch time was 32:03). I had been chatting with someone and we took off, and were immediately passing people. I feel like I spent a lot of extra effort trying to run around people because it was so packed, and there were so many people in the front running slow. I passed people who were clearly walkers!!! It was very hot and humid, and I didn't stop to drink very much and probably should have, but I didn't want to get stuck behind people. It wasn't until the last 1/2 mile where I stopped passing! And it wasn't like I ran that fast!
What would you do differently?:

Start up closer to the 7-8 min mile mark! Also I should have worn my Garmin- I think it would have helped with pacing.
Post race
Warm down:

Walking around

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Crowds, heat, training, hips

Event comments:

Overall the race was very fun- it was great to see all the different groups out there together. I was especially pleased to see that Wendy's had a team! It was just too bad so many people didn't take the starting line guidelines more seriously. The traffic control was poor, but it had good organization considering the size. I thought there was a little too much announcing before the race though!

Last updated: 2007-04-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:08 | 03.5 miles | 09m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Basically flat loop around a college campus
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-06-01 1:55 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

2007-06-02 10:48 AM
in reply to: #826014

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge
awesome race!  and after being hurt and on call...YOU ROCK!
2007-06-02 6:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Hey, nice job!!!  Running in the heat and humidity  is tough, I sure am proud of you!
2007-06-05 12:22 PM

User image

Master
CT
congrats on a great race! always hard to run in the heat and humidity—you did great!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed