3D Racing
70F / 21C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 25m 24s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 7/12
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 4am. Had to pack b/c I didn't get a chance to the night before. Ate some lucky charms, got everything loaded up and was on the road by 4:30. Stopped about an hour into the drive to check and make sure I had my bike shoes and helmet. Whew I did. Made it to the race sight at 6:30 met up with my dad, went and pick up packets and set up transition.
Event warmup:

Did a short jog to get the juices flowing and then the wetsuit dance. I had to use some pam to get that thing high enough in the crotch and on the shoulders. Once it was on, it felt great. I think i need to cut the wrists and legs a little shorter.
Swim
  • 14m 51s
  • 547 yards
  • 02m 43s / 100 yards
Comments:

Ok so my plan was to start mid pack and try and freestyle as much as I could. gun went off and it was a mess. I took off, but i quickly started swimming over several of the girls in front of me. The problem with this is that I am new to swimming and panicked when I kept getting breathfuls of H2O. So i spent the next 200m breast stroking. There were 2 girls in front of me that couldn't swim straight so I tried to freestyle past them and they kept swimming over me so back to breast stroke again. Finially I got out of the water but it was very disappointing.
What would you do differently?:

Learn to swim in OW better. I think I am going to start doing the swim/run series events every other wednesday at stoney creek.
Transition 1
  • 02m 12s
Comments:

T1 was pretty good the run up from the beach was long. I had some issues getting the wetsuit off my wrists. I need to work on getting on the bike with the shoes attached.
Bike
  • 35m 49s
  • 11 miles
  • 18.43 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike wasn't bad. I got on and got going. the course was shortened due to construction. At about the 5mi mark there was a kid (15) on the shoulder of the road who needed some help. I stopped and helped him out, his chain had come off and he couldn't get it back on. Got it on and sent him on his way, total i was probably stopped 2 min or so. About 2mi later it started sprinkling, and then raining, yuck.

I need to get to stoney creek a bit more and ride the hills.
Transition 2
  • 00m 56s
Run
  • 31m 38s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 12s  min/mile
Comments:

Right off the bike, the legs wouldn't go. My pace was really slow and I was doing all I could to push it. It was still raining on the run. The first 1/2 was on the road, the second 1/2 was through trails. It started raining harder about the time I got off road. An old guy goes flying by me in just a speedo, then about 500m later, he slips in the mud. I thought for sure he broke a hip, but he just kept on going.

More bricks to get the legs used to going.
Post race
Warm down:

ate some watermelon waited for dad to finish.

Event comments:

I didnt hang around as right after my dad finished and we got our stuff from transition, it started to downpour. I was really happy we didn't do the olympic, as those guys were still on the course and I would have froze my butt off.

Last updated: 2007-02-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:51 | 547 yards | 02m 43s / 100yards
Age Group: 11/12
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Suit: yes
Course: Out and Back
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 69F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Bad Drafting: Bad