General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri The Parks Duathlon Richard Russell State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri The Parks Duathlon Richard Russell State Park - DuathlonStandard

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Elberton, Georgia
United States
Blue Sky Sports
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 17m 42s
Overall Rank = 8/29
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Pre-race routine:

Woke up 2am , packed race gear and drove to race site. LONG drive. Arrived around 5:45am. Set up transition area and try to stay awake.
Event warmup:

Stretched, jogged, and biked for 20 minutes before start time.
Run
  • 21m 27s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

First mile pace was entirely too fast -- sub 5 min pace. No use trying to catch up with the fast runners. Slowed down considerably and ran my race. No stress, it was an easy run.
What would you do differently?:

Should maintain a strong start, taper down mid course and next time MUST increase run tempo one mile before finishing!
Transition 1
  • 00m 57s
Comments:

First race of the season -- kinda rusty during the transition. It was average at best.

More motivation and move faster.
Bike
  • 1h 06m 22s
  • 22 miles
  • 19.89 mile/hr
Comments:

Dissappointing! The first 8 mile was fantastic until both my calves decided to cramp up -- I was biking average 22mph. Unfortunately I had to abandon my race plan and preserve my calves to complete the entire race. I was forcing myself to hydrate and maintain composure. I am amazed that I actually completed the bike course. It was a long ride!

Nothing -- put in more ride time for stronger engine. The new bike definitely made a difference in overall performance. Now, I just need to log more workout time. It has been an off training season so far.
Transition 2
  • 00m 59s
Comments:

SLOW! I was trying not to aggrevate the calves. Taking it easy and see where the legs take me .....

nothing
Run
  • 47m 55s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

First loop -- 23:25; second loop -- 24:29

It was my longest run since this January so I have no complaints. The overall pace was faster that I expected. A good effort to complete the race and block out the bad bike ride. Last minute citing of duathletes in the run course did motivate me to run faster -- so that was nice.

I should pick up pace during the last turn around of the course. I should not have given up so early.
Post race
Warm down:

Hydrate and hydrate

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training

Event comments:

I redeemed my race time this year from last year's hellish mistake/injury. I was happy overall with my performance. However, I was dissappointed with the total duathletes attending this race. My first race podium -- which is a competition milestone for me -- 2nd AG. Next year, my goal is to complete this race in 2:05. I have my work cut out for me.......

Last updated: 2007-06-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:27 | 03.1 miles | 06m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 9/29
Performance: Average
Course: First run loop of the opposite run tri course. Part trail/gravel and paved road around park golf course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:57
Overall: Average
Run with bike? Average
Jump on bike? Average
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
01:06:22 | 22 miles | 19.89 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 11/29
Performance: Below average
Wind: None
Course: In and out of the state park -- country rolling hills. BEautiful scenery but some bumpy paved sections.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:59
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:47:55 | 06.2 miles | 07m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 8/29
Performance: Good
Course: 2 loops around the state park -- park trails/paved road around golf course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-09 1:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Douglasville GA
Subject: Tri The Parks Duathlon Richard Russell State Park
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri The Parks Duathlon Richard Russell State Park Rss Feed