Multirace
88F / 31C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 25m 30s
Overall Rank = 260/338
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 7/13
Pre-race routine:

I don't have cable, and we were at my parents house, so I laid there watching cable tv until 1am, which was really stupid, since we had to get up at 4am...I didn't end up getting out of bed until 4:30am...got to race site at 6am, wasn't too bad of a rush (compared to the last few races)
Event warmup:

moved my arms around in circles...
Swim
  • 13m 53s
  • 440 yards
  • 03m 10s / 100 yards
Comments:

This swim was much much longer than advertised, at least 600m, for sure...I had my worst swim in a long time...my spotting was fine, but this girl next to me kept squishing me and hitting me...after the first 50m, she had already knocked my goggles off twice, which stinks when you are in salt water...I tried to get around her but I was blocked in on the left (and I couldn't see out of my left eye, cause I got so much salt water in it)...then the same girl starts doing breast stroke, and hitting me in the face every time I tried to go by her, it was really annoying...about 3/4 of the way, I finally got around her and then I was fine...but it was very annoying that I kept getting hit in the face for most of the race...
What would you do differently?:

Not get anywhere near that one girl...everyone else was normal pushing and shoving...this was different, and it slowed me down quite a bit...
Transition 1
  • 04m 27s
Comments:

Haa, this was horrible, I was the slowest at this...I need to get faster...I just took my time, for no good reason except I felt like it:)

Go faster...
Bike
  • 33m 51s
  • 10 miles
  • 17.73 mile/hr
Comments:

For me, getting 5th in age group is really good, I had been averaging around 18.5-19 the whole way - the start for me was rough because the road was bad, but it smoothed out - and with little to no wind, it was just wonderful... but then the huge bridge came up...it was HUGE, and you get up it, finally get to enjoy the downhill, but wait - you can't enjoy it, because at the bottome of the bridge you have to do a very tight uturn, and go back up the hill...that being said, I was really proud of myself on the hill, I past about 6 people while going up it, and didn't get past by anyone on it...but it did slow down my average...

Not have such a big hill to deal with - other than that, conditions were almost perfect...
Transition 2
  • 02m 6s
Comments:

LOL, this is horribly slow...I was talking with the guy next to me about the hill, the whole time I was in transition, Matt had just finished, and he was too tired to run with me for the first time this season...that's when I decided to walk the hill...so I went into the run knowing what I was going to do...

Not talk quite as much, if my transitions would have been faster, I could have gotten a plaque...
Run
  • 31m 13s
  • 3 miles
  • 10m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

With going up that steep bridge, I am fine with this time...I walked up it both times, then I walked the water station...other than that, I ran the rest of it...so not horrible...I hadn't trained on hills, and my legs were already burning because of the bike hills, so I'm fine with what it was...

No have such a big bridge to run up twice?
Post race
Warm down:

Drink copious amount of water - my mom had brought a cooler, which was awesome!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

the huge BRIDGE!!!

Event comments:

GOod race, but it took foreevr to get the awards ceremony going - and then when it was going, the guy took FOREVER to go through the names (I didn't have an award, but Matt got first in age group, YEAH!!!) Other than that, very nice and very hot...it was 77 when we started, and by the time we finished, it was 88 degrees...HOT!!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-06-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:13:53 | 440 yards | 03m 10s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/13
Overall: 162/338
Performance: Bad
Suit: Desoto shorts TYR top
Course: Out to buoy, straight down past buoys then turn and swim back to beach
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 04:27
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:51 | 10 miles | 17.73 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/13
Overall: 250/338
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course: Out on a bumpy road, then it got smooth, u-turn back past the start, over a HUGE bridge, u-turn, back over huge bridge and into transition...
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:06
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:31:13 | 03 miles | 10m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/13
Overall: 278/338
Performance: Average
Course: Up huge bridge, down huge bridge, uturn, back up huge bridge, back down huge bridge, then turn right go down a neighborhood street, turn at water station, run down that road, then meet up with a1a, and go to finish...
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-10 10:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Florida
Subject: Singer Island Triathlon

2007-06-11 9:48 PM
in reply to: #838196

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: Singer Island Triathlon
Awesome sunrise pic!  And, good race!  Although, you need to save the schmoozing for afterwards.
2007-06-13 9:26 AM
in reply to: #838196

User image

Veteran
Florida!
Subject: RE: Singer Island Triathlon
you must have been JUST in front of me on the swim (i came out of the water at 14:08). i was next to the intermittent breast stroker the whole time, i tried to pass her once while she was swimming freestyle- she suddenly switched to breast and i caught a foot in the center of the chest. i just tried to stay back and to her side.

the swim was DEFINITELY long. and blue heron is a killer.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Singer Island Triathlon Rss Feed