Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 20m 54s
  • 820 yards
  • 02m 33s / 100 yards
Comments:

It was an experience I hope to never repeat. Mini-mussel WILL be much better. I couldn't get over the fear of sticking my face in the cold water. Everytime I did I just started sucking air as fast as I could, no matter if my face was underwater or not. I swam near vertically till the first buoy. From there to the second was a back float/doggy paddle. The third came quickly with a little actuall swimming, but back to the beach I actually swam. I was so tired my arms felt like they were going to fall off and my face was on fire. My goggles kept on fogging up so I'd have to wipe them every few breathes. My girlfriend said as I got out I didn't look like i was having any fun. She was right. Once I got on the bike though it was easy street, or so I thought.
What would you do differently?:

More OWS swims. Not stop so much and let people get back ahead of me. I started getting into a rythem and I'd catch up to someone, they'd in turn kick me and I'd stop and wait for them to get back ahead of me. Not the most practical approach to a race but I was in survival mode.
Transition 1
  • 02m 10s
Comments:

Went good. Had no problems with anything. Most likely due to taking my sweet ole' time.

Tried going faster in the TA. I didn't even run my bike out.
Bike
  • 43m 50s
  • 13.7 miles
  • 18.75 mile/hr
Comments:

After my atempt at swimming I really was in no mood to bike. Then I passed 2 people and saw a guy walking down the road with his fork in his hand. His race was over but mine was just starting. I told myself from the beginning of the bike to take it easy. I really wanted to have a GREAT run. I passed quit a few people and got passed as well by a few. I met a guy from Boston but at 20 mph and water in my ears we had a hard time talking. I really could of gone alot faster and in hind sight I should of.

Actually pedeled hard and drank alot more.
Transition 2
  • 01m 9s
Comments:

Again I was taking my time, not running. Kept thinking I can't believe this, I'm going to finish and finish strong.

Gone faster
Run
  • 26m 42s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

My first mile wsa good. Sub 8' which is ok for me. Then I started having this terrible cramping that felt like it was under the right side of my ribs. I've never felt anyhting like it. I was so excited that my left foot felt good that I picked up the pace then this happened. So I slowed down and got passed. It went away so I sped up. Then it came back. So I slowed. I felt like a Sally on a Sunday stroll. I was really hoping for a 24:00 run but that didn't happen. Thing was is I had a great time though. Not what I wanted as far as performance but it was great to be there.

I'm going to try a few training runs before Mini-Mussle.
Post race
Warm down:

A bottle of water a kiss from my girlfriend and some clapping as other people came in.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I lost my mental composure on the swim and never really got it back. Mentally I felt like I was just going through the motions, not pushing myself like I know I can. More active spectating than racing.

Event comments:

As my first Tri its the best race I've done. I had a GREAT time and I'm looking forward to Geneva.

Last updated: 2007-06-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:20:54 | 820 yards | 02m 33s / 100yards
Age Group: 15/
Overall: 171/
Performance: Bad
Suit: Bionik
Course: Straight out then left going with the current. Then left and left again back to the beach against the current.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 64F / 18C Current:
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Bad Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:10
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:43:50 | 13.7 miles | 18.75 mile/hr
Age Group: 11/
Overall: 74/
Performance: Below average
Wind:
Course: Nice rolling hills. Great views. Did anyone else notice USA in grass in the middle of the plowed field?
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:09
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Bad
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:42 | 03.1 miles | 08m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/
Overall: 122/
Performance: Average
Course: Nice out and back along the lake.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes