General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Band-aids vs Liquid Bandage vs Super Glue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-12 8:17 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Subject: Band-aids vs Liquid Bandage vs Super Glue
I recently did a stupid thing. Went for my morning run yesterday without socks to see how it felt. I wanted to do this before my first tri in a couple of weeks since it's been beat into me "never try anything new on race day". And I didn't bring socks with me.

About two miles into the run, I had to stop and walk. Now I have a total of 7 blisters. I also have a 5K race coming up on Saturday against some guys from the office. I have cut and drained the blisters and they're all covered with band-aids.

Question - has anyone used Liquid Bandage before? What has been the experience with it? I also read somewhere that Super Glue worked just as well. Has anyone here actually used Super Glue to cover blisters or is just a myth?

2007-06-12 8:53 AM
in reply to: #840320

Veteran
Subject: RE: Band-aids vs Liquid Bandage vs Super Glue
I have used liquid bandaid and the generic equivalent for all kinds of cuts, cracks and scrapes.. but not for blisters. It works great as a waterproof barrier and would likely help a bit with the sensitivity.

I haven't tried superglue, but have seen it recommended (along with duct tape). You might also want to look into some of the pads like 2nd Skin.
2007-06-12 11:08 AM
in reply to: #840395

Extreme Veteran
Central Wisconsin
Ive used super glue for years to take care of blisters. It stings a bit though. You can still do the 5k, just get some moleskin (like second skin) and put them over the blisters and youll be fine.
2007-06-12 11:32 AM
in reply to: #840320

User image

Expert
Lake Forest, Illinois

KenD - 2007-06-12 8:17 AM I recently did a stupid thing. Went for my morning run yesterday without socks to see how it felt. I wanted to do this before my first tri in a couple of weeks since it's been beat into me "never try anything new on race day". And I didn't bring socks with me. About two miles into the run, I had to stop and walk. Now I have a total of 7 blisters. I also have a 5K race coming up on Saturday against some guys from the office. I have cut and drained the blisters and they're all covered with band-aids. Question - has anyone used Liquid Bandage before? What has been the experience with it? I also read somewhere that Super Glue worked just as well. Has anyone here actually used Super Glue to cover blisters or is just a myth?

I used to use superglue all the time.  It worked pretty well but yes it does sting a bit.

2021-04-29 10:04 AM
in reply to: KenD

Originally posted by KenD

I recently did a stupid thing. Went for my morning run yesterday without socks to see how it felt. I wanted to do this before my first tri in a couple of weeks since it's been beat into me "never try anything new on race day". And I didn't bring socks with me.

About two miles into the run, I had to stop and walk. Now I have a total of 7 blisters. I also have a 5K race coming up on Saturday against some guys from the office. I have cut and drained the blisters and they're all covered with band-aids.

Question - has anyone used Liquid Bandage before? What has been the experience with it? I also read somewhere that Super Glue worked just as well. Has anyone here actually used Super Glue to cover blisters or is just a myth?

Superglue user here since 2000. It was the advise of my doctor since I love mountain climbing when I was a teenager. It worked pretty well but yes it does sting a bit but so far, no other problem encountered. Highly recommended!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Band-aids vs Liquid Bandage vs Super Glue Rss Feed