General Discussion Triathlon Talk » profile century bar aero bar? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-21 10:30 AM

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: profile century bar aero bar?
anyone using this one? i'm not sure if i will ride enough centuries or longer tris to warrant the purchase of aero bars, but since this one is relatively cheap ($60), i thought i might give it a try. they say good for entry level tri, which is what i am, right? my lil' bro has some carbon fiber aero bars that he is going to mail me, so if he remembers, i may try his out first to see if i like them for longer rides.

2004-09-22 11:10 AM
in reply to: #64571

User image

Bryan, TX
Subject: RE: profile century bar aero bar?
I have these on my bike and they work fine. They were actually on the bike when I bought it from a friend. The one thing I don't like about them is that they aren't adjustable in length. I would suggest paying the extra bucks for this feature.
2004-09-23 9:53 PM
in reply to: #64571

User image

Extreme Veteran
Manitoba, Canada
Subject: RE: profile century bar aero bar?

Hi Autumn,

I bought those aero bars in the spring, and they are fine. Given my level (or lack??) of experience and the price range - they are a decent buy. I find the elbow rests comfortable, and they do have some easy to do adjustments for placement, and I guess I fit the average build b/c the length is fine too.  One thing I do find about them though, is that I am limited in how my hands fit at the top of the curve - at this point my longest ride in aero is only about 2.5 hrs and it has been ok. I'll see how they are after doing the longer ones training for the 1/2IM though.

So to sum up, under the same circumstances I would purchase the same pair. If I knew I was going to do the 1/2 IM this soon, I think I might have tried more variety (and therefore$) before purchasing. But ..... I do know a few people who will happily take them when I'm done.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » profile century bar aero bar? Rss Feed