United States
The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 55s
Overall Rank = 59/252
Age Group = M 25-29
Age Group Rank = 7/26
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, had half a banana and 2 ibuprofen(shin splints!). Showered and headed out to the race.
Event warmup:

Stretched for a few minutes, had a small cup of water. Looked over the course map.
Run
  • 29m 53s
  • 4 miles
  • 07m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt really strong today. My goal pace was 7:30, so when I passed the first mile at 7:25, I was really pleased. When I passed the second split at 15:19, I figured I had blown it and at that point was shooting for under 31 mins. The second mile had some pretty rough hills and my times show it. After mile two it was mostly downhill and very fast. I tried to focus on keeping my cadence high and heartrated low. The last mile I really pushed it and passed several people. I would guess it was a 7min mile.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I felt good and made my goal.
Post race
Warm down:

Waited for Marco, my coworker, and watched the other runners coming in. Drank two bottles of water, two powerades, and ate a bagel and banana.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I need to start running hill repeats. The hills on this course were not bad, but they still managed to kick my but.

Event comments:

This was a well organized race. The course is really fast and a great place to set PR's. I plan on doing it again next year!

Last updated: 2007-06-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:53 | 04 miles | 07m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/26
Overall: 0/252
Performance: Good
First mile: 7:25 Second mile:7:55
Course: Pretty flat and very fast. The second mile had some pretty rough hills. Miles 1,3 and 4 were mostly downhill.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-25 7:43 AM

Atlanta
Subject: Magnolia Run

2007-06-26 1:58 PM
in reply to: #858248

User image

Subject: RE: Magnolia Run
Great Run!! Your super fast! This year there we're not quite as many people as last year and that might be the reason for the lack of water stations, who knows? Good luck with all your upcoming races!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Magnolia Run Rss Feed