Sunny
Total Time = 52m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate a bannana and a protein bar.
Event warmup:

Warmups were run by a yoga studio. The stretches were very very different from what I was use to, but sort of cool.
Run
  • 52m 37s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 16s  min/km
Comments:

Both the 5k and the 10k runners started at the same time. Most participants were doing the 5k. When I crossed the 1/2 way point, most of the people around me were actually running across the finish line for the 5k...as I continued, I noticed that there was no one in site aheand of me, and there was no one behind me...I started thinking that I was Dead "F"ing Last. But as I approached the turn around point where you double back for a bit on the same stretch, a 10ker passed by..so I knew there were some in front of me...and then after I turned around, I passed other runners, which meant there were some behind me...So as usual, I was somewhere in the middle.
Post race
Event comments:

The race was not run by a professional sports event group. The volunteers, were very nice, but did not seem to know what they were doing. One of the water stations along the course ran out of cups, which meant that I needed to wait until the next water station.

Last updated: 2007-06-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:37 | 10 kms | 05m 16s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Course was flat and beautiful for the most part. It is in the baylands area near shoreline park. So for part of the race you actually run right next to the Bay. I have run this trail before, several times. So the path was routine. The 10k was doing the 5k loop twice.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes