General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FOP vs MOP vs BOP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-06-27 8:17 AM
in reply to: #860388

User image

Hamilton, Texas
Subject: RE: FOP vs MOP vs BOP
To console a fragile ego you could include all the people in a given city, country or planet in the pack then place yourself accordingly.

This complicated theory came from my wife after I finished way back last weekend at Escape from the Rock. I was down and needing consoling and she said "look at all the people around who couldn't have done it if they tried...now lets go get a beer!"

Great advice...for me anyway..

2007-06-27 12:04 PM
in reply to: #861466

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio
hangloose - 2007-06-26 4:55 PM

Winner   = Winner
FOFOP   = Front of Front of Pack
FOP       = Front of Pack 
BOFOP   = Back of front of Pack
FOMOP  = Front of middle of Pack
MOP      = Middle of Pack
BOMOP  = Back of Middle of Pack
FOBOP   = Front of back of Pack
BOP       = Back of Pack
BOBOP   = Back of Back of Pack
DFL        = Dead effing Last.

There are eight categories besides the winner and DFL.  Take all finishers other than those two, divide all the results into eight even categories.  Determine where you fit in to which category.  If you are in a 5 letter category (ie. FOBOP) and wish to shorten the reference use the last three letters as your general category (BOP).  Category jumping requires an actual performance in a race in order to justify said jump.  If you are slowing down due to aging or crappy training you must use the results of your last race as you category status indicator.  If the results of your last race show a category deterioration for reasons other than aging or crappy training (ie. mechanical problems) you may continue to claim the higher category status IF and only if you are able to provide documentation of training sessions which support said category status.  5 letter codes are only to be used when referencing your performance to triathletes and other endurance athletes.  Three letter codes may be used with civilians but keep in mind you will have to explain its meaning.  Rule exception:  5 letter codes may be used with military persons as they are used to speaking this way.  Categories with codes of more than 5 letters are not allowed because, well, that would just be crazy.  If you actually follow any of these rules or are still reading at this point you may want to review your training plan as this has been a complete waste of time you could have spent trying to move up in categories. 

OH MY GOSH!  A classic!         

2007-06-27 1:16 PM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

For some reason theis thread reminds me of Cynid Lauper.

She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
I hope he will understand
Oo--oo--she--do--she bop--she bop

Guess I better stop now before I go blind.

Cool

2007-06-27 2:43 PM
in reply to: #862977

User image

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
the bear - 2007-06-27 2:16 PM

For some reason theis thread reminds me of Cynid Lauper.

I hope he will understand
Oo--oo--she--do--she bop--she bop

Guess I better stop now before I go blind.

Cool

I danced around to that song while I was in elementary and middle school, having no clue whatsoever as to what it was really about.

2007-06-27 4:41 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-06-27 5:12 PM

Veteran
West Chester, OH

Well, in reality I happen to be front of the back of the pack.  But, to others I pretend that I'm back of the front of the pack.  But, what I aspire to become is middle of the middle of the pack.

Edited by mykle15 2007-06-27 5:13 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FOP vs MOP vs BOP Rss Feed  

of 2