Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Fundraising for Luekemia and Lymphomia Society Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-26 8:34 PM

Veteran
Subject: Fundraising for Luekemia and Lymphomia Society
Hey everyone,
  I just wanted to let everyone know or at least those who do not know that I joined Team In Training.  It is part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I am competing at the Walt Disney World Triathlon on September 23.

As you may or may not know, leukemia is the #1 disease killer of children and the leading fatal malignant disease of men and woman under the age of 35.  Although the cause of leukemia remains unknown, recently developed treatments and steady advances in research bring us closer to a cure every day.

These research advances were only achieved as a result of contributions made by companies, foundations and individuals.  My goal is to raise $5000 by September 15, 2007.  Or go online http://www.active.com/donate/tntliny/tntlinyPHoffke  &nbs... All funds raised support the Society’s vital programs of blood research, patient aid, community service and education.  Being 100% tax deductible, 75% of every dollar goes directly to our mission.  In doing so you will be supporting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.  With the generosity of people like you, there is every reason to believe that a cure is in sight.

I would really appreciate anything that you could give towards this great cause.  I have many many survivors of these diseases in the past month that are still with us because of all the money that has been raised since this Society was started back many years ago.

Thanks a bunch
Phil

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Fundraising for Luekemia and Lymphomia Society Rss Feed