Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-07-05 3:13 PM
in reply to: #869787

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Race shirt = fraud?
And then there is the question of a spouse, girlfriend, etc. wearing their significant other's shirt. It's sort of a tradition with highschool sweethearts, no? At least all of you posting so far were part of the event.

2007-07-05 4:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Crossville, TN
I don't think I have ever worn a shirt from a race I've been in. I just stick them in a plastic container under the bed so when I'm old and gray.....in the not so distant future...I'll pull them out for the grandkids. "See what your old graps use to do when he was younger." Wear your shirt proudly....most people will ask if you were in a marathon anyway.
2007-07-05 4:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
hey if you don't want to wear it give it to me! i'll wear it and tell everyone proudly that i got it from someone who did the damn HIM bike leg!! no for real... wear it... if you didn't deserve it they wouldn't have given it to you
2007-07-05 5:42 PM

Expert
Las Vegas

Wear it!

I was at Silverman last year as a jockstrapper, and they were selling Silverman Finisher shirts.  Yes, I could have bought one and wore it...but that would have been fraud.  What you are asking=Not Fraud!

Wear it with pride! 

2007-07-05 5:47 PM

User image

Expert
Central New York
You over-analyze life's minutia and agonize over even the smallest things?

Congratulations.

You're a triathlete.

You may wear your shirt proudly.

Edited by Xan 2007-07-05 5:48 PM
2007-07-05 8:32 PM
in reply to: #873553

Regular
TerryW - 2007-07-05 4:35 PM

I don't think I have ever worn a shirt from a race I've been in. I just stick them in a plastic container under the bed so when I'm old and gray.....in the not so distant future...I'll pull them out for the grandkids. "See what your old graps use to do when he was younger." Wear your shirt proudly....most people will ask if you were in a marathon anyway.

Keep your t-shirts and have them made into a quilt/blanket. Seriously. I've seen one on display at Buffalo Springs Lake Half Ironman. It was a quilt made out of about a dozen of the shirts from the past several years. Very cool!! Imagine how cool one would look like made up of shirts from a variety of races you've participated in. That would be a better heirloom for your grandkids anyway.

2007-07-05 8:52 PM
in reply to: #873769

User image

up4challenges - 2007-07-05 6:32 PM  Keep your t-shirts and have them made into a quilt/blanket. Seriously. I've seen one on display at Buffalo Springs Lake Half Ironman. It was a quilt made out of about a dozen of the shirts from the past several years. Very cool!! Imagine how cool one would look like made up of shirts from a variety of races you've participated in. That would be a better heirloom for your grandkids anyway.

Though with all those technical shirts, it's probably a quilt that you wouldn't want to cuddle up with (can't be very comfy!!)    Great idea though - I've got so many shirts, and they're starting to take up a lot of space. 

Thanks for all the responses, folks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race shirt = fraud? Rss Feed  

of 2