General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Undertrained and Overambitious! - Door County Long Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-03 11:24 AM

User image

Stillwater, MN
Subject: Undertrained and Overambitious! - Door County Long
Anyone doing Door County this year?

Great course - great location. Last year I did the short - loved it!

One problem for me. I've spent too much time running this year (marathon in May - GB, Half marathon in June and a sprint tri in June) and not enough time on the bike and in the water. But I am going to suck it up and jump in (the 60 degree water) and get it done.

2007-07-03 11:43 AM
in reply to: #870552

Veteran
Subject: RE: Undertrained and Overambitious! - Door County Long
I am in the same boat - short course last year as my first tri and doing the long course this year. Unfortunately, I am recoving from a running injury which cut pretty deeply into my run training, but I will be out there!

Water temps in Egg Harbor are 62 degrees as of 7/1, which means all long course athletes will need a wetsuit this year if the water doesn't warm up. It will only take a day or two of south winds to get that up a few degrees. If I recall, last year was 63 degrees (brrr!)

Good luck and hope to see you there!

PS: you can check surface water temps here http://www.coastwatch.msu.edu/michigan/m64.html
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Undertrained and Overambitious! - Door County Long Rss Feed