General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need advice for first Tri on Sun. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-30 1:03 AM

Pebble Beach, CA
Subject: Need advice for first Tri on Sun.
Forgive me if this has been posted a million times before...what type of workout do you do the day before your tri? ( I am doing a sprint) I have read where some people take the day off, some take a day off 2 days before and do a light workout the day before, and I have also read that some people actually do all thre events the day before, but just in smaller amounts. What would you all recommend? Thanks so much-I am really excited to put all this good advice and training I have gotten here to use! Jennifer

2004-09-30 9:40 AM
in reply to: #67961

User image

Elite Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: Need advice for first Tri on Sun.
Since your race is on Sunday, my advice would be to take Friday off. I always take the day before the day before off. Then on Saturday, I'd recommend doing something small and easy, like go for a 20 minute light, flat run. Also make sure you get plenty of rest two nights before your race and be drinking lots of water so you are plenty hydrated.

As for doing the three events the day before, I wouldn't recommend that. I always do a mock tri the week before the race. The idea is not to be sore or tired for your race. But a good idea would be to practice your transitions.

I wish you the best of luck! Make sure you file a race report and let us know how it went. Go get 'em...

Edited by Browe79 2004-09-30 9:41 AM
2004-09-30 10:56 AM

Pebble Beach, CA
Thanks for the reply, I will do exactly that!
2004-09-30 10:22 PM

User image

Master
Harvard, Illinois
I would just cut back on the workouts but I wouldn't take a day off. Don't do anything real strenous but keep the blood flowing in those muscles because they will respond better come race day.

Mike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need advice for first Tri on Sun. Rss Feed