General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Flovilla, Georgia
United States
Blue Sky Sports
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 26m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 41/54
Pre-race routine:

I got up at 4:30 am, ate rice cake with peanut butter and fruit. Drove 1 hour to the park. I got there early, about 90 minutes. I setup my bike and transition area right away. I got marked and timing chip.
Event warmup:

Since it was a print, I only stretched. Bad idea. I should have swam, light run, something. I will not do it again.
Swim
  • 13m 21s
  • 656 yards
  • 02m 02s / 100 yards
Comments:

The start was a little bit messy. I got caught behind some slow swimmers and could not get around them. I finally did and hit some open water. I made up ground on the lead pack quickly. I had problems relaxing in the first 5 minutes. Once I found my pace, I settled down and did a great swim.
What would you do differently?:

I think I have to warm up and no be afraid of pushing harder in the first 200 yards to get in front of the slow swimmers.
Transition 1
  • 02m 17s
Comments:

I layed out everything nicely. However, I forgot my gels which I really needed at the middle of the bike. I had my germim running for the bike.

I would move a little quicker on the transition from the swim to the bike. I gave some time back to lesser swimmers by moving too slowly. I will put the gels in my helmet with my shades.
Bike
  • 38m 37s
  • 12.8 miles
  • 19.89 mile/hr
Comments:

I did not feel good for the start of the bike and the course went up a hill right away. After I settled in, I did ok. I got passed by elite racers only who were in serious TT mode. Otherwise, I passed a ton of people. I held back on the last 4 miles because I was nervous about the run.

I need to train for TT mode more. I am not sure I would do anything differently, but I could have knocked lots of time off my overall with a TT bike and some training.
Transition 2
  • 01m 58s
Comments:

This was the lesser of the two. I forgot to take my riding gloves off and did not take my garmin off the handle bar for the run. I walked from my bike to start of the run to give my legs some transition time. I may have gone a little too slow, but read on.

I think I may put the garmin on my wrist for the bike instead of the wrist. It will leave one less thing to think about for the last transition.
Run
  • 30m 26s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

My run was terrible compared to others. However, I could not do any better, so I have to be satisfied. I went into the run middle to upper part of the 40s and I lost lots of places during the run. I tried to pick up on a few others paces, but I simply could not get my legs to turn over faster. I was very thankful for backing off the bike a little. I think it would have been worse if I had not back off a little.

I did the best I could and would not change anything. I need to get consistent on working out and simply get better on the run
Post race
Warm down:

I walked all over the park picking up my stray items. I did limited stretching. I knocked back an orange, a banana, and beagle.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My fitness level.

Event comments:

While I have nothing to compare to except bike races, the race seems great.

Last updated: 2007-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:13:21 | 656 yards | 02m 02s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/54
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: speedo and tri top
Course: triangle out and back.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 85F / 29C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:17
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:38:37 | 12.8 miles | 19.89 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Out and back, rolling with a few power climbs. Overall, good time trial course.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:58
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:30:26 | 03.1 miles | 09m 49s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: flat with two nasty little hills.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-07-20 10:19 PM

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park Rss Feed