United States
76F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 21m 32s
Overall Rank = 37/466
Age Group = 35 - 39
Age Group Rank = 4/36
Pre-race routine:

I was actually working at German Fest, polling the crowd on their perceptions of the festival. That meant I was on my feet a lot prior to the beginning of the race. I did, however, manage to take an e-gel about .5 hour before the start and do some light stretching.
Event warmup:

None, really. Some light stretching.
Run
  • 21m 32s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

Well, this race was a great way to bounce back after my dismal "RALK" at Racine. I started with a 6:48 first mile, despite starting in the middle of a crowded pack of runners. I'm not sure of my splits after that. But I do know this is the first time I have ever run sub-7's for any run, and that I set a definitive PR for a 5K. I even finished with a strong kick, so My only question is did I push it enough? Honestly, it's hard to say since it's been a loooooong time since I've run a stand-alone 5k and I really wasn't sure how to pace myself. If Im didn't leave it all out here, I was very close.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

I stopped and had a bottle of water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

For a festival run, I thought it was well organized and they had as good if not better a post-race food spread than Racine (that says more about Racine than this race.)

My goal was to finish sub-22:00 and I did that, so mission accomplished. The fact that I finished 4th in my age group is almost mind-blowing to me, because I have never considered myself a pure runner and it has always been my weakness. This was a really satisfying race for me.

Last updated: 2007-07-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:32 | 03.11 miles | 06m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/36
Overall: 0/466
Performance: Average
Course: The course was a flat loop along the lakeshore and into Veteran's Park. It's the same one used for every Summerfest grounds festival run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-07-27 11:38 PM

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Subject: Run to German Fest

2007-07-28 8:20 PM
in reply to: #904914

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: Run to German Fest
Wow - 4th AG! Awesome race and congrats on the PR! I think you can forget about the RALK now.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Run to German Fest Rss Feed