General Discussion Race Reports! » Elite Endeavors Women's Only Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Elite Endeavors Women's Only Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Sylvania, Ohio
United States
Elite Endeavors
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 23m 44s
Overall Rank = 82/268
Age Group = 30-35
Age Group Rank = 12/29
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had some milk & a banana (intended to have cereal, but forgot to pack a spoon!). Tom carried my bag to the car while I rolled my bike down the hallway and down the stairs (didn't want to leave it in the hotel parking lot as the 'hood was a touch on the sketchy side). Set up my transition area pretty quickly and then went to check out the water.
Event warmup:

Jumped in the water and swam 50 yards or so. It felt niiiiice. Stood around and stretched and shivered. Beautiful all female "Star Spangled Banner".
Swim
  • 06m 49s
  • 400 yards
  • 01m 42s / 100 yards
Comments:

I had to stop almost immediately because I felt the velcro on my chip band open up and I was worried I'd loose the chip. I stopped again on the way back in because my tri-top was unzipped and scooping up all the water. Turns out the top 1-5 places in my AG for the swim were only 10 seconds apart so now I really want a do-over!! :) The swim was over WAY too soon. My eyes nearly bugged out of my head when I saw my watch, I thought I'd be 8 something... I don't know how 6 something was even possible!
What would you do differently?:

Duct tape my chip on... grr.
Transition 1
  • 02m 22s
Comments:

As soon as I got out and over the mat I stopped to fix my chip band again... it was totally messed up. Then climbed up the huge steps out of the quarry. I think I actually had to play with the ankle band again when I got to my bike.. the chip was actually coming loose). I sat down to put my socks on, then stood up and stepped right in a huge puddle of water from washing them off. boo. Otherwise, no worries.

Pay more attention to how I put my chip band on? Watch where I walk. probably could use a little more practice.
Bike
  • 47m 3s
  • 12 miles
  • 15.30 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike was fun and FLAT. Two loops around the block and all right hand turns. I got passed a lot but did some passing of my own. On the way back through the start area for the second lap there were loads of people cheering and I even saw Tom, so that was fun. The bike was pretty uneventful, really...

Train more, buy a cool-er bike! I'll have "slicks" for my next race, we'll see what that does.
Transition 2
  • 00m 38s
Comments:

I was in and out like a flash. Dumped bike, grabbed number and ran. One of the fastest T2s in my AG... pays to have a dorky bike with no bike shoes, sometimes.

nothing
Run
  • 26m 54s
  • 3 miles
  • 08m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

This seemed so looooong. It had finally started to get hot and the swim & bike were so much fun that the run kind of seemed to be in slow motion. I ran a steady pace though and did manage to sprint to the finish, which was fun. The entire run I could feel the velcro on that stupid chip band scraping the inside of my ankle but I was done stopping to deal with it.

I'm pretty pleased with my time!
Post race
Warm down:

Met Tom, grabbed some water & twizzlers (yum!) and stretched. Intended to go change but then got distracted by the quarry again, so I jumped back into the water which felt WONDERFUL. Then they fed us a full breakfast (quiche, baggles, fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, juice, milk & coffe)! Particpants were free and everyone else was $5... it was such a nice way to wrap up the morning!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I don't know that I was "limited" as much as I'm still figuring out this sport and this is nowhere near the biggest priority in my life right now so my training has been hit and miss this summer. However, I had a blast- which was the point. I signed up for this race almost 8 months ago as a way to challenge myself and celebrate my 30th birthday... it was a great way to do it! I feel like a healthy woman today!

Event comments:

They did an awesome job with this event. Cute t-shirts, well organized, lots of volunteers, and breakfast afterwards. NO complaints!

Last updated: 2007-01-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:49 | 400 yards | 01m 42s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/29
Overall: 29/268
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Triangle in the quarry. Everyone started individually, 3 seconds apart and self-seeded.
Start type: Dive Plus:
Water temp: 71F / 22C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:22
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:47:03 | 12 miles | 15.30 mile/hr
Age Group: 17/29
Wind: Little
Course: Two laps around the block. All right turns.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:38
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:54 | 03 miles | 08m 58s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/29
Course: All over the place!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-07-29 12:47 PM

User image

Expert
Farmington, MI
Subject: Elite Endeavors Women's Only Triathlon

2007-07-29 7:24 PM
in reply to: #905624

User image

Expert
Wellington, North Island
Subject: RE: Elite Endeavors Women's Only Triathlon
I had to stop and check my chip three times during the swim of my first tri. And it was one of the most crowded swims I had ever been in so it was nothing but a churning, violent mess. You managed to turn out an awesome swim time despite that. You're fast!!!

Awesome job Jaclyn. Great times for each event. Congratulations!!!

2007-07-30 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
Adrian, MI

Wow, great race Jackie!!  

Didn't I say you were a fast swimmer?!  Jeepers, that was a fast swim!!  

Now we just need to find you a TRI-bike!!

2007-07-30 12:41 PM

User image

Expert
Clio, MIchigan
Nice Race!!! Safety pin on the chip strap.  I lost my chip on the swim the first race i ever did.  Now i wont do one with the safety pin.
2007-07-30 10:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park, KS (Like the OC but OP)
Way to goooooo Sushi.....we are all proud of you in KC!!
2007-07-31 11:15 AM

User image

Veteran
Traverse City, Michigan
Nice job Jackie!
You are going to be very dangerous when you get a Tri bike, I bet it will add at least 4 to 5 MPH to your bike average. I am glad to see you are having fun.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Elite Endeavors Women's Only Triathlon Rss Feed