View Member's Race Log
Fort Worth, Texas
United States
Total Time = 2h 45m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Well since the race started at midnight, my pre race routine was a bit different. We ate dinner up at Central Market with some friends and watched some music. Went home, put the kids to bed, visited with friends some more and headed out to the race.
Event warmup:

Walking the half mile from where we parked to the start.
Run
  • 2h 45m 40s
  • 15.53 miles
  • 10m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

Overall I was very pleased with my finish. I ran the whole way with Yoblondie and our goal had been to run the first four loops. By that point, we were both zoned out and just wanted to finish. I had not been doing enough long runs to prepare, but I still ran the whole way.
What would you do differently?:

Train more, specifically do more long runs. Eat less before the race.
Post race
Warm down:

After finishing I immediately started to feel a bit nauseous. I only ate one pack of jelly beans and a few pretzels on the course. I thought maybe I needed to eat more so I tried eating a few bites of pasta. It didn't taste too great. I basically felt nauseous the rest of the night and the next day. Turns out that my 20 month old got a stomach bug and started to throw up the next morning. I think I had a touch of the same thing.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of enough long distance runs.

Event comments:

This was a first time race and I was impressed at how organized they were given the lack of experience. The main problem was the lighting issue, but other than that it was a fun race and I would do it again.

Last updated: 2007-07-09 12:00 AM
Running
02:45:40 | 15.53 miles | 10m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: The course had a few lighting issues as it was nighttime and not all the lights were on. The race director handed out headlamps at the last minute to help people see in the really dark spots. The course was a gravel trail, part road and part sidewalk loop that we did 5 times.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes