Set-up Inc
84F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 56m 1s
Overall Rank = 134/158
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 16/19
Pre-race routine:

Got up and took a shower. Shaved down a little which saved some prickling on the bike.:) Drank my energy drink ACT and ate a Luna bar (not a good idea, more details later on that.)
Event warmup:

Got set up in transition and than did a light jog with Jeff. Stood around and listened to Jeff talk to everyone there. Did a little swim warm up about 200 yards. Then I just stood looking at the swim distance contemplating the fact it looked entirely longer than the 825 they said it was!
Swim
  • 19m 40s
  • 820 yards
  • 02m 24s / 100 yards
Comments:

My swim was average. I spent a couple of minutes having to adjust my sighting. I wish I could swim in a straight line!!!
What would you do differently?:

Work on sighting and just keep improving.
Transition 1
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

The run out of the swim was up hill and took alot more out of me than I thought. Got all my gear on that I needed and to the mount line. I always am most worried about the mount and dismount. So I took my bike way out and off to the side. Got one shoe clipped in and went to push off. As I pushed off this jacka$$ pulled right in front of me and I almost bit it. Luckily I still had one shoe unclipped and I could recover.

I just need to move faster.
Bike
  • 57m 40s
  • 15 miles
  • 15.61 mile/hr
Comments:

Ususally I have a pretty uneventful bike. Maybe because I am so slow that no one is around me? This time it was strange. I already told you about the mount line. I was moving right along and then first came the dog. I think it was an Irish setter. It came running from off to the side. Right towards me across the street. There were a couple of bikers behind me that started yelling, I unclipped because I was sure that I was going down. He picked up the speed and I think I may have gotten his tail if anything. Went a little further and I started feeling sick. Ended up throwing up off to the side without stopping. I should never eat before a race. Damn Luna bar!!!! I am going up a huge hill and I hear off to the side "keep it up 53 you can do it." I know that they were just being supportive but it pissed me off. Down the next hill I blew by that Athena and got a huge kick out of it. Coming up to the next to last turn I say the cops stop a biker who was turing the wrong way. I was coming up pretty fast and this guy decides to start up and got right in the way. I almost took him out. If he hadn't swerved off the road I would have plowed right into him. Only one speed bump on the course and I lost my yellow thing in my Aero bottle. I was happy about my dismount though. NO falling!!!!

Keep working on the bike and the hills!
Transition 2
  • 01m 46s
Comments:

Took too long to get my socks on.

I don't know. Something to be faster!
Run
  • 38m 8s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

I finished strong, which is hard sometimes for me. I also beat a girl in my age group by I believe 30-40 seconds. I had my eye on her the last mile and just kept on running.

Work on the up hill running!
Post race
Warm down:

A nice cold towel and a coke.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I need to keep working out and getting stronger. Some of it is mental as well. I need to believe I can do it BEFORE the race. Not just after the race.

Last updated: 2007-07-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:40 | 820 yards | 02m 24s / 100yards
Age Group: 15/19
Overall: 115/158
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: A horse shoe type course.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 84F / 29C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:49
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:57:40 | 15 miles | 15.61 mile/hr
Age Group: 16/19
Overall: 131/158
Wind: None
Course: This was a rolling course with only a couple of steep hills. Jeff and I went the week before and rode the course. I knocked 6 minutes off the previous time. So I was happy with this bike.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:46
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:38:08 | 03.11 miles | 12m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 18/19
Overall: 140/158
Course: The way out was almost all up hill. It is brutal. I struggled until the turn around. I started feeling comfortable about then.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-07-30 12:47 PM

User image

Graham,NC
Subject: Buckner Mission Man Triathlon

2007-07-30 2:09 PM
in reply to: #906826

User image

Expert
Earth
Subject: RE: Buckner Mission Man Triathlon
Congrats on beating your time last year for the bike.  That is great! 
2007-07-30 6:31 PM

User image

Master
Plant City, FL

I am SOOOOOO proud of you Denise!!  Not only did you kick butt, you threw up on your bike!!!  sniff sniff...my lil girl is growing up!!!  

Seriously, congratulations on a great race!! You've had a difficult year and this was a great way to cap off the summer!!

2007-08-01 10:57 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, North Carolina

That's my girl!!!! Great race Nease. You looked GREAT out there - especially on the run.

No pee'ing in T2 either.   

2007-08-03 2:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Great job BBN you kicked butt and you know it is ok not to throw up any time during the race...lucky no seagulls for you though...  CONGRATS!!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Buckner Mission Man Triathlon Rss Feed