General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simulating open water- let those goggles fog! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-07 7:44 PM

Veteran
Albury, Oz
Subject: Simulating open water- let those goggles fog!
Some background - I am a fair swimmer, but not strong, manage consistent 50m per minute or min and a bit, bilateral breathing. Can do 1000m and stop and be barely breathless, so I am pretty relaxed in the pool. Cut to open water swimming - I gasp like a goldfish, my stroke turns into something short and choppy, I cannot bilateral breathe or even change sides without stopping, I start to wheeze - get the picture?? Yesterday I forgot to clean and defog my goggles as I was in a bit of a hurry - wanted to get 1000m in before the pool closed. After about 200m my goggles started to fog. As the fog level increased suddenly I started to develop my stylish open water swim technique. Aha! So my pool swim suddenly turned into a lesson in coping with loss of visibility a'la open water and it was really good to work through some of those issues. Some of you may find this a helpful tip for practising in the off season or before your first trip to open water. Cheers Dx

2004-10-07 10:27 PM
in reply to: #70371

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Simulating open water- let those goggles fog!

And, you could paint a little picture of a shark like Lara's on one too.

TW

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simulating open water- let those goggles fog! Rss Feed