United States
Maverick Racing
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 29m 58s
Overall Rank = /194
Age Group = 45
Age Group Rank = 8/16
Pre-race routine:

Up early, BEAR's snooze botton needs to be shot!!! Got my forgotten goggles, ate, dressed, and did a few chores! Got Dylan up (the twins slept at Ma and Pa's) then headed to Baton Rouge.
Event warmup:

Got in line to get my number, thought I saw a BT shirt and was trying to figure out who it was, it was Brandy (justalittletri). Went get body marked and get my chip. Walked with Dylan to bike transition where BEAR was checking bikes. (He was an official for this race.) Set up transition and realized I'd forgotten my race belt, which I took out of my bag a few weeks ago. Tried several ways to pin my number on my new tri shirt and got real irritated. BEAR and Dylan kept telling me to try different ways so that the swim would not be in the way. (Like I needed another worry for the swim.) Brandy had seen race belts near packet pick up, so I went buy another one. It's HOT PINK! (I will leave it in my bag!) I saw Ern (Aaron) and his father. Walked to the pool, there were tables in the pool. I had to ask what they were for, they were for swimming lessons, and I was assured they wouldn't get in the way......potty shuffle, then got in line for the pool.
Swim
  • 12m 26s
  • 350 meters
  • 03m 33s / 100 meters
Comments:

AHHHHHH!!! We were in a huge group, bunched in like cattle. We all estimated our time and stood in line. The poor girl in front of me ate her nails down to the quick. I just stood looking for Dylan, listening to everyone, and watching the wonderful swimmers in front of me. They said the pool was deep all over and cold. UGH!!! I never found Dylan and he left before I swam because he couldn't find me! I started out okay, then panic struck. The pool was longer than I imagined and I haven't been to the big pool at all this summer. Ended up doing the side stroke and back stroked the rest of the way. There was a photographer taking pictures while we were in the last lane. I did think evil thoughts as he snapped away!!! :):):) Finally the pool swim was OVER!!!
What would you do differently?:

Train more in the long pool. I also should warm up and get the feel of the pool at the race site.
Transition 1
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

Walked out of the pool, breathing hard, still looking around for Dylan. Took a long walk to transition and got ready to RIDE!!!

Walk faster to transition!
Bike
  • 47m 48s
  • 12 miles
  • 15.06 mile/hr
Comments:

It was FUN!!! I was still breathing hard, but having fun! I passed a ton of ladies-tried to encourage them as I passed. (There were fat tire and road tire divisions with about 300 women.) I talked to BEAR and another official as they followed along. I got worried at one point where I had to pass 2 riders and was trying to HURRY. I guess I did it right, because I didn't get a penalty. Rugbykid, CHRIS, was at the turn around handing out water. I yelled at him and continued back. There was a lady with a flat about mile 9, I told a volunteer he just said, "Yeah!" There were a few accidents along the way. I came in strong.

Train.
Transition 2
  • 01m 29s
Comments:

Dylan was at transition and I had a nice 'funny' conversation with him. He can be a sweetie.

Nothing
Run
  • 24m 59s
  • 2 miles
  • 12m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

It was HOT!!! I always carry my own bottle of water, because I tend to drink alot. Started off fast and my shins were on fire, slowed down and they got better after a half mile. Drank and spilled water on me as I walked. Some women I passed on the bike passed me running, I DON'T RUN!!! Talked to a few walkers. Got water, gatorade, and a wet cold sponge at the mile mark. Walked until I saw the finish line, then slowly ran in.

Nothing
Post race
Warm down:

A girl tried to take the chip off my ankle, it took 3 attempts, because I almost fell over on the poor girl. Found Dylan, stretched, went get food and drinks. Saw Brandy and went sit to eat. Ate plenty, I am always starving after an event. BEAR came meet us. (I whined because Dylan didn't see me swim. He couldn't find me, it was crowded. Brandy said she saw me.) We visited, waited for results, and left. BEAR went get a burrito and made me drive home while he slept. (Something wrong with this picture!)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training in the long pool.

Event comments:

Swim kicked my butt, the bike ride was great, the walk was HOT!!!

Pictures at www.karenthibodeaux.com
#388 (BIG MOMMA)
Laurie is #256 on the sites samples. Go tri it cajun style!

(BEAR posted the picture below!!!)

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-07-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:26 | 350 meters | 03m 33s / 100meters
Age Group: 13/16
Overall: 16/194
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course: 7 Lanes in a 50 M pool
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:49
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:47:48 | 12 miles | 15.06 mile/hr
Age Group: 6/16
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: A few turns then straight up the levee road and back!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:29
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:59 | 02 miles | 12m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/16
Performance: Good
Course: Up a hill around LSU and down a hill.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2007-08-01 8:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana
Subject: Rocketchix Triathlon

2007-08-02 12:53 PM
in reply to: #910498

User image

Expert
New Orleans
Subject: RE: Rocketchix Triathlon

Very nicely done Angel! Sounds  like it was a great time and you had a fun race. That's what it's all about. Congrats!!!

2007-08-07 1:40 PM

User image

Master
South Florida

Great job Angel!!!!  8/16, and you don't even run!  Imagine what you would do if you did run   Sounds like you put it all out there yet also had a good time.  Shame on BEAR for having you drive home.

2007-08-07 2:43 PM
in reply to: #916707

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
Mimir98 - 2007-08-07 1:40 PM

Great job Angel!!!!  8/16, and you don't even run!  Imagine what you would do if you did run   Sounds like you put it all out there yet also had a good time.  Shame on BEAR for having you drive home.

Pre-nuptial agreement: I drive there, she drives back.

2007-08-07 8:38 PM

User image

Expert
McKinney, TX
Great job Mama!!!  I'm so proud of you!!! Your race pics are awesome!  You look so cute in your tri suit!  And I still say John should've driven home! 

Edited by tri_it_cajun_style 2007-08-07 8:41 PM
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rocketchix Triathlon Rss Feed