General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Sac. in October! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-02 9:54 AM

User image

Expert
In limbo
Subject: Moving to Sac. in October!

Hi everyone,

I'm officially going to be moving to Sacramento starting in early October.  Just thought I'd say hi.  I'd love to hear some more about the area for anyone who lives around there.  I've been there once, but it was a short trip.  I'm going to be in the MacClellan area, but that's about all I know.  Also, anyone know of any good late season tris (sprints) in that area?  I'd love to do another race or two this year!  I looked at trifind.com but since I don't know much about CA geography it's hard for me to know what would be within reasonable driving distance. 

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all!

Lacey        

2007-08-02 9:59 AM
in reply to: #910922

User image

Champion
Carlsbad, California
Subject: RE: Moving to Sac. in October!

Hey, welcome to California

There are a few peeps from the Sac. Area here on BT and I think a bunch more will be up in December for the California International Marathon.

There are a ton of Triathlons in the area with races as late as November. (Treasure Island is November 9th)

2007-08-02 5:33 PM

User image

Mountain View, CA

Welcome!!!

There are all sorts of events within driving distance of Sacramento. The Golden State Tri is one of them, and looks like it might be what you're looking for. Tri, Girl, Tri is in Napa, which would be about an hour's drive from Sacramento. Treasure Island has sprint and olympic distance races, and I've heard it's fun. It's put on by the same people who do the Wildflower, Pacific Grove, and Escape From Alcatraz ones, all of which are supposed to be good. I might do the Treasure Island one, in which case hopefully I'll see you there!

2007-08-02 9:21 PM

User image

Regular
Northern California
welcome to Sac. there are a ton of things to do in the area not a whole lot of races that late. the Golden State Tri was alot of fun last year ill be doing again this year. you have got the coast about two hours away and the mountains even closer. it realy is a pretty good place to live. welcome and enjoy
2007-08-02 9:23 PM

User image

2007-08-06 12:39 PM

NorCal
Hi There,

As others have stated, the Golden State Tri is in October. I believe Total Body Fitness is putting it on. They have a lot of events throughout the year. I have been training with TBF and its a great group of people. Being new to the sport, working out with them has shown me many good places to train. Folsom Lake is good for open water swims and biking. The water levels are a bit pitiful this year, but its do-able. There also Lake Natoma, but from what I hear, its recommended that you have a wetsuit out there. If you any questions about the area, just ask.

Good luck with your move!

-Laura

2007-08-08 9:45 PM
in reply to: #911746

User image

Elite
Reno
puellasolis - 2007-08-02 5:33 PM

Welcome!!!

There are all sorts of events within driving distance of Sacramento. The Golden State Tri is one of them, and looks like it might be what you're looking for. Tri, Girl, Tri is in Napa, which would be about an hour's drive from Sacramento. Treasure Island has sprint and olympic distance races, and I've heard it's fun. It's put on by the same people who do the Wildflower, Pacific Grove, and Escape From Alcatraz ones, all of which are supposed to be good. I might do the Treasure Island one, in which case hopefully I'll see you there!

Thanks for the comprehensive run down of the races I am considering.    I lean towards Tri, Girl, Tri as I want to go to Napa, but my husband would love to get back to San Francisco, and you always want a happy jockstrapper!  

2007-08-17 4:30 PM

User image

Expert
In limbo

The Tri girl tri looks great, but it's right before my housing starts so i'm not sure if that'd work or not.  Anyone have a couch I could sleep on for the night before?

The Golden state tri would probably be a good one.  What does it mean that the bike is on a "draft legal criterium course"?  That sounds a bit intimidating. 

Thanks for the info everyone!

2007-08-20 9:31 PM

User image

Regular
Northern California
The Golden state tri would probably be a good one. What does it mean that the bike is on a "draft legal criterium course"? That sounds a bit intimidating.

All that means is 3 laps instead of an out and back course and the draft legal thing i wouldnt get too worried about it. last year there were about 3 big groups of riders that were drafting other than that most ran there own race. wetsuit is a must. you swim upstream about 3/4 of the time and its cold.
2007-08-23 4:04 AM

User image

Davis
Welcome! I moved to Davis recently, and started triathlon this summer in the Sacramento area. The American River bike path is great. You can start at the fish hatchery or at Beal's point to get a good hill workout. Winters ( north of Vacaville) is also a popular bike riding area with flat and hilly rides, and good breakfast! Anyone else in Davis?
2007-08-27 11:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Vacaville, Ca
I live in Fairfield and I did 2 of the TBF Tri for Fun sprint tri's this year. They are very well organized events... TBF also puts on olympic distance races. I'm planning on doing those next year. There's always the sac tri club... you could hook up with them... and davis has the mad cows... Go Mad Cows!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving to Sac. in October! Rss Feed