Alpine Rescue Team
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 42m 31s
Overall Rank = ?/?
Age Group = f30-39
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Got up early, got dressed, got the kids ready. Had a touch of coffee, some HEED and a PBJ. Left the house by 6:30. Dropped Chris and the kids off at the 5k bus pickup by 7 then headed to the 10k bus area. Got my stuff, used the porta potty twice then got on a bus with AJ and Courtney. I was supposed to meet Trish at 7:20, but it was 7:30 and got on the bus without her - I figured I'd see her at the start!!
Event warmup:

about 1.5 to 2 miles up Bear Creek Rd with AJ just jogging and chatting. Then got some water, and went to the start. Met up with Trish and we were off!!
Run
  • 42m 31s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

I know I won my AG and I think I was 5th OA female, but not sure. BUT WOW for a new PR by over 3'!! I was a full minute faster than my goal too. I started out fast, but I knew it was downhill and I should take advantage of it. There were 3 other gals running in my little group through mile 2.5 or so and then I looked down at the pace and thought "this doesn't cut it" so I picked up the pace and forgot about trying to neg split the thing. With that first mile split I knew a neg split would be damn near impossible anyway!! Trish hung with me until 2.5 then we split and I headed to bridge the gap with two other girls up the road. I caught one of them at mile 3 or 3.5 and dropped her pretty easily. The other one I passed around mile 4 or maybe a little after. I KNEW that she was going to push me though... And she came back at mile 5.5 and I hung on her until the final turn into the lake. She was in her 20's a a PURE runner, so I knew I should have just been happy to be hanging with her anyway. With no thoughts of a serious kick since I have to train tomorrow and the next day, I let her take it completely uncontested. Maybe I should have pushed her at the end just to see how much mental drive I have, but I hope when the time comes at Worlds I will KNOW how to do it :)
What would you do differently?:

Not much!! Good race :)
Post race
Warm down:

Walked with the kids around the finish area and. I did jog just a tad to get the blood flowing before getting back to the car. I had a nap and then an ice bath when I got home too :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lots of work this week, on my feet all day yesterday, and not really prepped for an A race.

Event comments:

I would definitely do this race again (especially if I ever want to break THAT PR!!!) It was fun, casual and for a great cause (THe Alpine Rescue Team)

Last updated: 2007-08-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:31 | 06.21 miles | 06m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 0/?
Performance: Good
Mile 1 - 6:22 (the steepest downhill mile) Mile 2 - 7:00 (almost flat) 3- 6:49 (21' at the 5k mark - new 5k PR!!!) 4-7:00 5-6:54 6.2 - 8:27 (6:52 pace avg for the last 1.2) WOW!!!!!! Not a single mile over 7'!!! AHR 186 MAX 195
Course: Downhill course at altitide. Starts out with a pretty steep downhill mile then just slightly down the rest of the way ends at Evergreen Lake
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-08-05 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Colorado
Subject: Evergreen Town Race 10k

2007-08-06 7:56 AM
in reply to: #913912

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: RE: Evergreen Town Race 10k

Awesome job.  I'll have to do this race next year.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Evergreen Town Race 10k Rss Feed