General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off-season Tris - better fit for a Mom's schedule Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-06 7:22 AM

Expert
Subject: Off-season Tris - better fit for a Mom's schedule
I was just talking with anothe Tri mom and we were lamenting the same thing: we are so busy during the summer: shuttling children around to their various activities; vacations; family visits. Summer is when we can't find time to work out, much less compete.

So I am searching around for off-season tri's - there don't seem to be many. I suppose that is because the swims are normally in outdoors bodies of water. Are pool swims just too difficult to manage? It must take a long time to get a few hundred swimmers through the pool and onto the rest of the course.

Anyway, just sayin.'

Got any good off-season tris in the Virginia area you can recommend? Thanks.

2007-08-06 7:30 AM
in reply to: #914359

User image

Master
Madison, WI
Subject: RE: Off-season Tris - better fit for a Mom's schedule
I've done one entirely indoor tri. It was my first, and because of that, I'll always be fond of it. But, frankly, they're not that much fun. There's none of the mass start anticipation. Transitions weren't even counted (because at times you had to wait for the next piece of equipment to be available), and there was no finish line.

Of course, this is Wisconsin - where biking outdoors in winter probably isn't such a great idea. Perhaps in Virginia, the off-season tri is more reasonable.
2007-08-06 8:01 AM
in reply to: #914367

User image

Master
Winder, GA

DeannaS - 2007-08-06 8:30 AM  Perhaps in Virginia, the off-season tri is more reasonable.

Yes, those of us in the South definitely have it easier because we can bike outside most of the Winter.

To the OP, what do you consider the off-season? Down here our first tri's of the season are in late April and our season goes until October. I did my first tri this year at the beginning of May so all of my training for that race was in the off-season.

2007-08-06 10:27 AM
in reply to: #914395

Expert

To the OP, what do you consider the off-season?

after school starts! :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off-season Tris - better fit for a Mom's schedule Rss Feed