General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim technique Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-10 9:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albany, NY area
Subject: Swim technique

Newbie here, I read most of the swimming articles/lessons found here on BT and tried some it out last night. I'm wondering, does one turn their body sideways for each stroke or just the strokes when you take a breath? [either way, I need practice :]

Thanks in advance for some help! (and I will be contacting a local Tri group next week for working with them and some lessons from an instructor w/ that group too)

2007-08-10 10:21 AM
in reply to: #920932

Regular
Subject: RE: Swim technique
each time your hand enters the water, you want to roll your body or it's more of your hips. so as your right hand enters the water, you want your right side of your hip rotating towards the bottom of the pool while the left side of your hip is more pointing towards surface of the water. you're not going to rotate your hips pointed directly below or above you, but i hope you get the general idea of how this works.

the more you can be on your side as your swimming, the faster and more efficient you will be. practice while moving your arms slowly. it may help if someone can watch while your swimming to see if you're rotating enough, etc.

good luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim technique Rss Feed