General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 2108/8720
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 281/713
Pre-race routine:

slept in 'til 5:30. woo hoo!! had a pop-tart, some pre-torch, some water...
Event warmup:

walked to the start-line while Sandi and a couple of her friends had a warm-up run. Lost Sandi AGAIN (2nd race in a row that we missed each other at start line. Went to the 9 minute mile area for start, figuring they would be somewhere there, but couldn't find them. So gun went off and I started running (hoping that I'd be able to catch them sooner or later.
Run
  • 1h 53m 40s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Kept trying to catch up with Sandi on the run, figuring I'd catch her sooner or later. There was a turn around point with a bit of a loop at 8 miles. As I was coming back from the loop, there was Sandi, behind me. So that kind of sucked knowing that she was behind me and could catch me at any moment... I'm supposed to be using her for pace-booty!!

IT-band started hurting around mile 10, and started screaming (at knee AND hip) at mile 11 1/2. But knowing that Sandi was behind me, can't stop now.... must..... keep...... going......
What would you do differently?:

prepare a little bettter. Overall I'm pretty happy with this race, as it is basically 15 minutes faster than any of the other (2) 1/2 marathons that I've ever done. Also need to stretch a little better (and strengthen core/hips) to hopefully eliminate the IT band issues.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around a bit, stretched a bit. Waited (but not too long) for Sandi to finish, then walked with her for a while and waited for the rest of the group we were down there with to finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It was quite hot and humid. Could have done a little better with hydration, but I DID use 2 Gu's during the race (at 5 & 10 miles), and didn't puke, so at least I know I can use them if needed.

Again, overall pretty happy with this run. Hoping to do at least 1:45 next year..... (yeah, big talker now....)

Event comments:

good course (for the most part), talked to race director at the hotel after the race, and he had said they are going to change a few things next year to make it even better... Come on, Team Turbo Donkey's, let's see what we can do...

Last updated: 2007-08-06 12:00 AM
Running
01:53:40 | 13.1 miles | 08m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 281/713
Overall: 2108/8720
Performance: Good
Course: pretty flat on Chicago streets and ending on a running path.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-08-12 4:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wauwatosa, WI
Subject: LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic

2007-08-12 7:31 PM
in reply to: #922809

User image

Master
piece o heaven
Subject: RE: LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic
eeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!

way to suck it up and stay ahead of the San-donakey

you broke wind to get that
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed