General Discussion Race Reports! » Oshkosh Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Oshkosh Triathlon - Olympic Distance - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Winneconne, Wisconsin
United States
Midwest Sports Events
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/12
Pre-race routine:

I was up ther with my kids on Saturday to do the kids race- they LOVED it.. and did pretty good too:)
Went back uyp there Sunday morning by myself. Which is fine. I set up my transition area and see I dont have my goggles- ugh...its always something. So I go talk to the guys who is yelling at everyone to get their chips and blah, blah, blah. Just so happens I talked to the right guy, because he had a whole trunk full of stuff people leave in transition after races. Thank god- I was starting to get a little freaked out.
Event warmup:

Went down to the water a little early to make sure my "new" goggles didnt leak or anything. Seemed OK. Oh yeah- I rode my bike to transition from the car too... does that count :)
Swim
  • 26m 2s
  • 1444 yards
  • 01m 48s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well..... I felt like one of the dominant swimmers out there- and believe me I am NOT a dominant swimmer. People were pretty much all over the place- you could touch bottom the entire way (which is super nice for the first timers) and people were. I got kicked in the stomach pretty hard once and was glad I could touch the bottom so I stopped and made sure I could still breathe!! I passed people in the swim- ME? Not that great of a swim- but this was my first Olympic- so dont have much to compare it with. I sure felt comfortable.
What would you do differently?:

Not forget my goggles. Push harder.
Transition 1
  • 01m 22s
Comments:

OK transition I guess.... I decided I wanted to wear my garmin so putting that on took a few seconds. Wetsuit came off OK

nothin'
Bike
  • 1h 23m 36s
  • 28 miles
  • 20.10 mile/hr
Comments:

Finally I hit 20 mph on the bike. I am pretty sure I could have rode harder too.... I always have that run in the back of my mind though.. although I really dont think it was effected much. I had FUN on the bike too- passed a lot of people:) I was riding back and forth with these two guys for most of the race. One guys was in front of me at the aid station and grabbed a gatorade bottle and dropped it so NICE old me grabs another for him... Good Karma I figure. So he thanks me and I say "well keep riding hard so I can have a decent bike split" he says- "heck- Im pacing myslef off you!" funny so we stay together til "I" get yelled at by a draft marshal...."you have 25 seconds to pass or get back" yeesh- wasnt even drafting- but I pulled back a lot- as they rode by like 5 more times. Legs felt good the whole time- nice ride.

go faster of course :)
Transition 2
  • 01m 23s
Comments:

Not sure what took so long... I did have to actually tie my shoes... I think its those speed laces that make my feet hurt?

go faster!! I do need to practice the whole keeping your shoes on the bike thing- I am just not all that graceful.
Run
  • 49m 19s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

Well I said I better run this in sub 8:00s- very close I gotta say:) Just not running that well lately... My legs felt OK- I just couldnt find my stride. Saw my biking buddy- well running obviuously wasnt his strong point- so I encouraged him on the way out and back in. Afterwards he thanked me and said I was one of the nicest and fastest (woman) triathletes he had met :) And that everyone should have good sportsmanship like me. :)
Anyway- just kept running even though I felt hot and barfy. Only 6.2 miles. I Strong finish again though.

Run fatser... really I KNOW I am a faster runner then i have been showing lately- just need to get my crap together and run
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around- got my print out- almost flipped when I saw I was first in my AG... thought I would need low 2:30s for that. SWEET!! Ill take it... nice trophy too :)
I met jmwebs finally too!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing- I have done two HIM this year and am doing a third next weekend, so I didnt do much of a taper. This distance should have been pretty easy for me.

Event comments:

I did the sprint last year and the olympic this year- so must be an OK race!!

Last updated: 2007-07-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:02 | 1444 yards | 01m 48s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: out and back - bouys to the right
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:22
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:23:36 | 28 miles | 20.10 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:23
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:49:19 | 06.2 miles | 07m 57s  min/mile
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-08-12 4:47 PM

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
Subject: Oshkosh Triathlon - Olympic Distance

2007-08-12 5:48 PM
in reply to: #922826

User image

Extreme Veteran
Green Bay, WI
Subject: RE: Oshkosh Triathlon - Olympic Distance
Nice race & congrats on 1st in your AG!!! Def. nice of you to get a water bottle for the guy, I'm not that nice..... good luck on your next HIM!
2007-08-12 7:52 PM

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois

Nice race and good RR.  Way to help a brother out, too!

Podium is so great!

How did the kids do?

2007-08-12 7:56 PM

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Great race ! You were on fire out there! Too bad we didn't meet up but next time.
2007-08-12 8:59 PM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Nice job and congrats on the AG win.  Now you will need an even bigger hat size!  Stay healthy for the Big Pig.
2007-08-13 9:30 AM

Way to go, sis!

2007-08-13 9:44 AM

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
DA@#@$!!!!!... first in AG? You're my new Natascha Badmann. Congrats to your kids, too... aren't those kid events great? It's amazing how young they "get it".
2007-08-13 2:13 PM

User image

Master
Delafield, Wisconsin
Awesome race Tammy! Congrats on winning your AG. I guess one downside to being so fast is the draft marshalls bug you! Bummer about the goggles. Although with the shallow water, might have been able to do it without the goggles. It was nice to finally meet you.
2007-08-15 8:03 PM

User image

Elite
In The Peleton

Nice race speedymom!  And best race report phrase ever: "hot and barfy"

You must do IMooooo!!!!

2007-08-16 8:20 AM

New user

Northeast Wisconsin
Great Race! You are very strong on the Bike. My daughter did the kids tri as well, she really loved it! I think that was one of the best parts of the weekend. I am very impressed with the age group win. My goal is to be up in that stratosphere some day. Good job!
2007-08-17 7:17 AM

User image

Master
Madison, WI
Congratulations on an awesome race! Wish I could have met more BT folks, but ah well.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Oshkosh Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed