Sunny
Total Time = 1h 43m
Overall Rank = 18/70
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 3/5
Pre-race routine:

Nothing really
Event warmup:

Well the directions were wrong on the website so I got there at 8:15 with the race starting at 9 am. I rushed to pick up my race packet and assembled my bike within five mins. I quickly found a spot in the transition area and then jogged to the beach to warmup in the swim.
Swim
  • 14m 30s
  • 750 yards
  • 01m 56s / 100 yards
Comments:

I had the best swim out of any race I have ever done. Doing the open water swim training on monday nights has really helped me. For the first time, I was out of the water before more than half of the people.
What would you do differently?:

I would have maybe looked up more instead of depending on the swimmer around me.
Transition 1
  • 02m
Comments:

The transition area for this race was weird. There was about a 1/4 mile jog to the transition area and then you had to run around the transition area to get your bike.

Need to practice jumping on my bike and getting up to speed.
Bike
  • 01m
  • 17 miles
  • 1020.00 mile/hr
Comments:

The hills killed me!!! I did start making it up near the end of the course but I still need to train on hills more. Some of the hills I was in the lowest gear spinning and I felt like I could walk faster. I did pass most people on the uphills and I took Mike G advice and pushed hard on the uphills and was more relaxed on the downhills.

Train more on hills.
Transition 2
  • 02m
Comments:

Took longer to put on my shoes than usual, but I was so happy to get off the bike.

Move faster.
Run
  • 23m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

Had a great run and felt like I could have gone for another 3 miles. I passed 6 people on the run and no one even came close to passing me.

I would have like to have someone to pace with because I think I would have had a better time.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and found out that someone hit my car during the race. CRAP!!! Since I had a good race I wasn't that disappointed. The person left her number and name and some got their license plate.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think I still need to train more on the bike (I sound like a broken record). If I trained more on the bike I could have came in the top 10.

Event comments:

The race started over a half hour late and the race was not chipped timed so some of my split are not exact but I tried my best with what I had. The post race activies were pathetic at best, and they ran out of water. I paid 65 bucks for this race and expected more in that area. The bike course was not well marked and my friend was in a bad accident which could have been alot worse. The awards were nice but the award ceremony was over 45 mins later than planned. They bike course was really hard for a triathlon but very scenic. This was the first race I actually got an award in, so I was really happy and did make it as bad as it was.

Last updated: 2007-08-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:30 | 750 yards | 01m 56s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/5
Overall: 0/70
Performance: Good
Suit: No
Course: Out and back course around a green bouy
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:01:00 | 17 miles | 1020.00 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: This was the hardest course I have ever done in a triathlon. It started out with a 1/2 mile flat ride out of the resort. At about the mile marker the hills start. The next 5 miles were almost all up hill. Once at the top of the hill there was a steep down hill with a 180 degree turn that took out a few biker (It was not marked well). After the steep down hill there was rolling hills for the next 4 miles. At the 12.5 mark there was the steepest hill I have ever accended. I passed alot of people on this hill. The rest of the course was large rolling hills but nothing to bad.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:00
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:23:30 | 03.11 miles | 07m 34s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back course that had some fairly large hills. I thought the course was great and well shaded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes