of 5

2008-05-29 1:32 PM
in reply to: #1348765

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
Subject: RE: help a BTer battle cancer
BunnyRunner - 2008-04-19 10:41 AM

Lots of great new to report. My last tumor markers were down to 26, which is a nice relief as I come off chemo. My last treatment was March 13 and now I go on a monthly maintenance plan. I will still be getting Zometa (bone strengthener) and Lupron (hormones) and now they have added Faslodex (estrogen zapper). I will also have tumor markers drawn once per month in order to be monitored very closely. Sometime in the next few weeks I should be scheduled for a CT Scan.

In other good news, Pete (Klondike) and I got married on April 6th. It was spectacular! It was very emotional and a great celebration. I looked like a pretty pretty princess with my wedding hair and fake eyelashes Thank you for all your well wishes. We honeymooned in Disney for a few days and it was nice and relaxing.

Now I will try and return to training. I have a few tentative races on the schedule. I don't know how my training will actually pan out. My body just doesn't want to do what I tell it to do anymore and it takes me twice as long to recover from simple workouts. My big goal is to complete the Half Iron Duathlon in November at MiamiMan (I was supposed to do this last Nov. but had to defer because I was too sick). We'll see how it goes. Team Terri marches on!

Congratulations a little late.  You definately deserve these moments of happiness.  I will keep you on my prayer list.  You are truly and inspiration.  Half ironman in November, indeed!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » help a BTer battle cancer Rss Feed  

of 5