General Discussion Race Reports! » Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Tierra Verde, Florida
United States
Publix Family Fitness Weekend
Total Time = 1h 28m 59s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F45-49
Age Group Rank = 17/17
Pre-race routine:

Had a nice little breakfast at the hotel and got the guys up and ready to roll. Drove to the venue and set up my transition.
Event warmup:

The usual walk into the water and pee. :-) a few times. Make sure my goggles were ok, then watch the other waves go.
Swim
  • 11m 46s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 40s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well, I felt good and could see my OWS training paying off. For the first time ever in a race I was in the middle of arms and legs. That was interesting! I also lost my roadid as it got knocked off my arm.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know, I felt comfortable without being too winded, actually got a little pace down and did a lot more freestyle than I usually do, so just more of the same would be fine. I was amazed that I was almost 4 minutes faster than last year - the current was more favorable then!
Transition 1
  • 01m 57s
Comments:

Long run up the beach and across the parking lot made T1 seems longer. I felt pretty uncoordinated getting into my shoes, I think it was all the sand I wanted to be sure and get off my feet.

Toughen up my feet.
Bike
  • 34m 53s
  • 11 miles
  • 18.92 mile/hr
Comments:

GORGEOUS views and sun rising over the Sunshine Skyway. You just had to love it. I still didn't want to push too hard as I was coughing some. I felt like I got passed by a lot of people, which apparently I did. The rest of them got me on the run. I did however manage to pass a few as well.

Not much except go harder when I am healthier. I was surprised the pace was what it was given how easy it felt like I was riding. I bet I could get 20mph here on a good day of really racing.
Transition 2
  • 01m 32s
Comments:

Again I felt kinda space in transition, but nothing serious.

I need a new race belt. I accidentally gave away my favorite type and now have one that the number keeps falling out of. I am also not too fast at getting my new visor on
Run
  • 38m 49s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 12m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Well, I was slow as dirt. I felt very heavy - not tired or anything, but slow and fat. Which, honestly, I am right now. I've put on 5lbs instead of taking off 5-10, so that puts me almost 15lbs more than I should be. AND, I could have raced Athena and come in 4th place - I didn't realize that some races have Athena start at 140. Anyway, the run wasn't too painful, just slow. I talked to a lot of people. The rest of my age group passed me. I had fun, and finished with a big smile.

Lose weight, seriously, that's the best thing I can do for my running right now. Thought I might set my lycra on fire there with the thigh rub!
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was sick the week before. I was so sick on Wednesday that I didn't see any way I would be able to compete. Felt good enough by Friday to just give it a whirl, take it easy and have fun. Which I did! This is just such a great venue for races and my family has fun, too.

Event comments:

This year there was less of a party atmosphere, and no bbq/cookout. It looked like there were some sandwiches being made, but most stuff was pretty picked through by the time I got there. Last year's event, and post even party at Columbia Restaurant, were far and above this years, but it still beat most races I've done, and was a lot of fun.

Last updated: 2007-06-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:46 | 440 yards | 02m 40s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/17
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Out a little ways then parallel to shore and back in. A pretty long run across the beach, down the boardwalk and ouchy parking lot to the rack.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 88F / 31C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:57
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:34:53 | 11 miles | 18.92 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Big loop of the park road.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:32
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:38:49 | 03.1 miles | 12m 31s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: out and back on the jogging/bike path.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-08-19 7:37 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr

2007-08-19 9:56 PM
in reply to: #931278

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr

Wow...to be sick and race...takes guts!

Passing lots of folks on the bike rocks!

Running while not feeling good is hard. Are you part fish? Amazing swim pace.

Get well and congrats on a great race~ 

2007-08-20 5:11 AM
in reply to: #931460

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: RE: Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr
Thanks Kathy!

But don't be too impressed on the swim - I looked up the distances and it's a quarter mile, not half, so only 440yds. I fixed the report for this year and last. Not sure how that got in there wrong, but there you go.

It was fun nonetheless, and inspiring for my new weight loss motivation!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Publix Family Fitness Weekend Coca-Cola Classic Tr Rss Feed