Games of Acadiana
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 05m 7s
Overall Rank = 131/141
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 5/7
Pre-race routine:

This was my first Tri last year. Last year, I trained, this summer I only swam. We were up late last night, Dylan's scrimmage ended late, it was GREAT!

Got up at 4, finished packing things on my checklist. I didn't forget anything this year. I haven't worn a watch all summer, so I didn't even bother with times today. Got Dylan out of bed by the hardest, until he remembered he could drive to the race. Got the car packed and off we went.
Event warmup:

Exhausting week at school, I lost 5 pounds this week, and I was still zonked! Walked around talking to people. (One of the Tri Club members wanted to know if I was awake, I wasn't!) Sat next to the pool and talked to spectators. One asked who I was watching and laughed when I said I was participating. I was just trying out a new warm up routine. :):):)
Watched BEAR, Dylan, and some friends swim.

Swam 2 laps with a smile. Then I backed stroked the rest of the way. I shaved 31 seconds off of last years time. (Jen and Al were in my thoughts during the swim. I always encouraged Al during his swim, it was his weakest area, too.) The wonderful volunteer helping us out of the pool yelled encouragement to each and every one of us, he was GREAT!
Swim
  • 05m 26s
  • 200 yards
  • 02m 43s / 100 yards
Comments:

The water felt great!
What would you do differently?:

Swim in the long pool more often. Learn how to breath correctly!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Time was okay. Probably can shave some time off T 1.
Bike
  • 33m 56s
  • 8 miles
  • 14.15 mile/hr
Comments:

Faster than 32 others on the bike, I was surprised. I haven't ridden much all summer. I did pass plenty and was passed by a few faster riders.
I had a mean chant about my rough student, that made me go fast!!! Yelled at BEAR, Dylan, and others as we passed each other on the loops. There were many kids in this race who didn't know road rules. They almost caused a few bad accidents.

Train, yeah, that would help!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Fast T2, the Yankz really help. I ran out and grabbed a bottle of water along the way.

Nothing, this was pretty sweet.
Run
  • 25m 45s
  • 2 miles
  • 12m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

It was HOT!!! I had a bad headache! Got passed by the 'bikers' during the run. Encouraged everyone along the way. Talked to a bunch.
I ran a few times and sprinted into the finish line with a smile!
Post race
Warm down:

Dylan, BEAR, and I were so disappointed. There was no food. We had cookies, cokes, water, and beer to choose from. Really needed gatorade, bananas, and food. (They had really good jambalaya in the past.) We watched and cheered the others cross the finish line. It was fun to see so many first timers at a race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training and the HEAT!!!

Event comments:

This was my first race last year. I enjoyed doing it again. Look forward to doing it again next year with the BEAR GANG! This was Dylan's second Tri, he'd rather be playing football, but I think he had fun. We were very proud of him. He came home, went to school for a Lift A Thon, Cook Off, and meet the "Rebels" night. He fell asleep at 10 while sitting on the couch. He work up about 12:30 Sunday, just in time for lunch! We wore him out!

Last updated: 2007-08-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:26 | 200 yards | 02m 43s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/7
Overall: 136/141
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: 8 laps in the pool. (Much shorter laps than USL.)
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:56 | 08 miles | 14.15 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/7
Overall: 109/141
The route is 2 miles short.
Wind: None
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:25:45 | 02 miles | 12m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/7
Overall: 135/141
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-08-19 10:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana
Subject: Games of Acadiana Mini Triathlon

2007-08-20 7:45 AM
in reply to: #931473

User image

Master
Long Island, NY
Subject: RE: Games of Acadiana Mini Triathlon
Thanks for the report Mama Bear and Congrats! I love the part where you can still wear out Dylan
2007-08-20 9:37 PM

User image

Expert
McKinney, TX

DYLAN'S DRIVING?????

I am so happy you had such a great race!  Your run times are awesome!!!  As busy as you've been lately, I don't know how you do it, girl!  Way to go!

2007-08-20 9:51 PM

User image

Champion
MA

Nice race and super attitude.

Sprinting to the finish with a smile rocks and doing it with the clan is even better 

Ah my oldest took his drivers test today and it is 10:49 and I don't know if he passed...argh. Here in MA  you have to use a driver's school car for an extra $90...Kyle is 18 leaving for college Friday. 

Congrats! 

2007-08-20 10:14 PM

User image

Master
Finally north of the Mason-Dixon Line

Good job mama bear!!!  I'll take a kid sleeping that long anyday - hummmm, maybe i need to start baby Isabel on her tri training so she sleeps at night???

cathleen

2007-08-20 10:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana

Yes, Laurie!!! Dylan is driving.  Surprised  He started driving in the middle of June.  He has his permit until March 21, then he gets his license.  (It was a Mama's milestone to sit while he took his driver's written test at the DMV.  I thought of many Flashbacks throughout his life, this was a gigantic step in growing up-for both of us.  I feel sorry for him when he drives with me, I get very nervous.  He does enjoy driving with BEAR!)   Tonight Dylan downloaded a Half Ironman training schedule.  He wants to do Lone Star next year.  It'll be interesting to see if he sticks with the program.

Kathy-Driver's Ed classes were very expensive this summer, but we use our own car for the driving test in March.  Best of luck to Kyle and Momma.

Cathleen-Momma said I never slept as a baby.  I still don't sleep through the night (but I love my naps).  Set Baby Isabel up on a mini tri training program and see what happens.  Laughing

Have a great week everyone!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Games of Acadiana Mini Triathlon Rss Feed