United States
On Your Mark Productions
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 14m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 18-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Out the door by 5:00 with my sister and the grumpy little one. Had to pick up my bike from the shed at the new house and woke up my neighbor who came to see if someone was breaking in. Oops! At a banana and power bar triple threat yummy something on the way down.
Event warmup:

Swam a little bit and then hung out with my sis (Lisa) and Gianna waiting for the start, which was way late.

NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE THE BEST ESTIMATES DUE TO THE EVENT NOT BEING TIMED. I WOULD GLANCE AT MY WATCH WHEN I REMEBERED TO AND THIS IS PRETTY CLOSE, OFF BY SECONDS.
Swim
  • 08m 40s
  • 500 meters
  • 01m 44s / 100 meters
Comments:

For my swim abilities I think I nailed this swim. Last year at this same course it took me over 12 minutes. I didn't have any jitters at the start and I just hung with the pack. I rounded the bouys nice and tight and didn't vear off course like I tend to do. Super stoked!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 02m 30s
Comments:

Felt great coming out of the water, excited about my time and couldn't wait to get on the bike. My hands were a bit could and putting on my socks was just a little challenging.
Bike
  • 35m 30s
  • 11 miles
  • 18.59 mile/hr
Comments:

I got up the big hill out of the park well but then my legs felt a bit fatigued. I just pushed at a moderate pace till the legs felt loosened up and then I just charged at it. I really wanted to maintain a 20 mph average but the winds were just a bit too much for me so I just did the best I could. I got passed a little bit but for once in my life I did a fair share of passing! And it was really great to pass the guys cause the men's waves all started before us chickies. There were only a couple hills, not to bad really. A couple minutes before I reached T2 I downed a Gu.

Not a whole lot.
Transition 2
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

I really liked my trasition spot. All the bike racks were full when I arrived at the race so I just utilized a bar-b-que grill as my rack and it was located in the most convenient spot! Anywho, transition went well and I could hear my sister chearing for me which was fun.
Run
  • 26m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

I was so amped up coming off the bike that I shot out of transition like a bat outa hell. I just flew out of there way too fast and I was trying to tell my legs to slow down but they were just sprinting. Then, the first hill and I slowed wayyyyy down and my breathing sped wayyyyy up. Not a great feeling. So I just tried to settle down and get into a good rhythem. I walked the second half of that monster first hill and adjusted my shorts and at the top I was composed and ready to get back to work. I just got into my groove and felt really comfortable the whole run. Did a whole lot more passing, and many men ate my dust, heee heee hee! At the end I just began my sprint a little sooner than normal, as per my plan from the last race. Finished nice and strong and didn't feel too tired at all. Nice.

Not bolt out of transition so fast and get myself all worked up. That's has never happened before cause my legs are usually heavy but not today.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out with my family. Went and introduced myself to a BT'er, joebowler, and went home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not trusting in my fitness level, could have pushed even harder I think.

Event comments:

Lot's of volunteers and a good vibe.

Last updated: 2007-08-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:40 | 500 meters | 01m 44s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: full wetsuit
Course: horse shoe shaped course
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:30
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:35:30 | 11 miles | 18.59 mile/hr
Wind: Cross-winds with gusts
Course: Along the streets of Pleasanton. Well marked but one section that had us riding against traffic (which included huge trucks and speeding cars) made me very nervous. That was the only sketchy part of the course. Only two hills and they weren't too bad.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:30
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:00 | 03.11 miles | 08m 22s  min/mile
Course: up and down the dirt trails around the park. Some real steep buggers of hills too.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-08-20 12:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bay Area- California
Subject: 20th Annual Tri For Fun #3

2007-08-20 2:42 PM
in reply to: #932355

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: 20th Annual Tri For Fun #3

Great job Gina! All that hard work you've been putting in is really paying off for you! Glad to hear you had such a great day. Keep up the good work!

2007-08-20 9:17 PM

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CA

Excellent job on the TRI.  You really did an excellent job.  I'm sorry I've been busy and didn't get a chance to wish you luck beforehand.

The visual of the bike on the BBQ is great. You could have started to smoke something and had it it for the recovery meal! 

Geoff 

2007-08-28 3:13 PM

User image

Master
San Francisco

Sounds like you had a great race and really nailed all the disciplines...all that training and racing has prepped you well.  I know that BBQ grill very well since we were set up there at tri for fun #1 earlier this year.  It's a great spot.

Looks like you are quite ready for Cancun!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 20th Annual Tri For Fun #3 Rss Feed