General Discussion Race Reports! » America's Finest City Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

America's Finest City Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
San Diego, California
United States
Neil Finn Sports Management, Inc.
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 18m 3s
Overall Rank = 3567/7750
Age Group = 30
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 3:00 & drove down to catch the bus to the race start location. Ate a powerbar & a breakfast cookie around 6:00. Lined up in between the 2:15 & 2:30 pace mark with only a few people around me.
Run
  • 2h 18m 3s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my first 1/2 marathon & the longest I have ever run. My previous long run was 10 miles in training for this race. I got a new PR for 10k during the race with a 1:03:23 which is a pretty cool bonus. Took in a gel at mile 4 & mile 9. Followed my fuel strategy, probably could have used a little more h20, it was hot out there!
What would you do differently?:

Probably have some sort of water with me. Probably also didn't help that I did the SD tri club beginner tri on Saturday a day before the race. That was a fun race & my wife did the bike / run which was way cool since it was her first race on her bike.
Post race
Warm down:

Streatched & walked back to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The heat & the big hill at the end.

Event comments:

Had a good time running the race, it was hard but very rewarding to run 13.1 miles after less than 7 months of training. I am thinking about doing the triple crown events next year, I like this distance & the training involved.

Last updated: 2007-08-20 12:00 AM
Running
02:18:03 | 13.1 miles | 10m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/7750
Performance: Good
Course: Mostly flat with a loooooong hill from mile 11-12.5. A few rolling hills at the start as well.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-08-20 3:26 PM

Subject: America's Finest City Half Marathon

2007-08-20 10:52 PM
in reply to: #932919

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles
Subject: RE: America's Finest City Half Marathon
Congrats on your first half marathon. You hit your goal square on. That MOUNTAIN at 6th street sure sucked. Not only was 6th street long but the preceeding 1/4 mile and the 1/2 mile after were also hilly. Glad to hear you had fun and contemplating the triple crown next year

Richard
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » America's Finest City Half Marathon Rss Feed