General Discussion Triathlon Talk » D3 Multisport Newsletter: The Extra Mile Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-29 8:43 AM

User image

Boulder, Colorado
Subject: D3 Multisport Newsletter: The Extra Mile

Dear Athlete,

This month we talk about what it takes to be successful and back it up with some results. Talking the talk
is one thing but backing it up is completely different. :-) The reason our athletes excel and continually
improve is in large part due to the three keys that we talk about each week. Read about it in this month's
edition of THE EXTRA MILE as we cover the "Three Ingredients Needed to Start a Fire."

Also, this month, please check out the D3 Sponsors Page - we have lots of great products that we endorse
from Polar to Blue Seventy to Ergomo Power Meters. Check it out here: 'D3 Sponsors'
Please feel free to drop me an email if you have questions on any of these products or companies .

Lastly, please cut and paste the link into your browser if you can't see D3 the newsletter in html format below:
http://www.d3multisport.com/enews/059enews.htm  

Happy Training,
Mike Ricci
USAT Level III Coach

Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.

Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.

D3 at the Races! | Three Ingredients to Start a Fire | Quote of the Month

The Three Ingredients Needed to Start a Fire: Oxygen, Heat and Fuel

WARNING: If you are not serious about getting faster, you may find the following content boring.

Instead of the usual drivel about me going on about some new way to get faster, I decided to tell you about some real life improvements we have seen this year at D3 Multisport. I could talk about the newest heart rate training rage or the newest feature that I can use on my Ergomo Power meter, etc, but let’s get down to the facts and see what all this training really does when you APPLY it! That’s the point right? I write a bunch of stuff, you follow it, and viola` you are faster. Sounds simple, so let’s see if that’s true.

At D3 we think that there are 3 basic things that have to happen in order to get faster:

1. Having the right training plan!
  2. Following the plan; be consistent with your training
  3. Executing the plan on race day

If you follow 2 out of 3, chances for success are pretty low. If you follow 1 out of 3 then your chances are even lower. If you follow 3 for 3, your chances are very good; maybe not 100%, but better than 90%. More...

PO Box 19292 • Boulder, Colorado 80308 • email: [email protected]

__._,_.___ D3 Multisport Newsletter: The Extra Mile
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » D3 Multisport Newsletter: The Extra Mile Rss Feed