General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-01 10:59 PM

User image

Subject: Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton
Hi all,
I recently bought a used bike. I am confident that it is the correct size but I need to find a shop that will be able to fit the bike to me. I have never had this done before so I am really new to it. Can you all ( the readers and experts) give me your suggestions on getting the work completed. I am obviously looking for the best service for the best price.

Thanks to all

2007-09-02 9:36 AM
in reply to: #950024

User image

Expert
South eastern Ohio
Subject: RE: Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton

Good morning,

Bob and the guys at Wheelie Fun, in Lebanon OH  (513-934-0600)are really good. They have a web    page @   www.wheeliefun.com

and you will need to give them a call to schedule an appt. They are really great and super friendly. Somtimes because they are busy in the store w/ customer it may take a few calls to get them but I have found that if you call early it is easier. And they really know their stuff.  Good Luck to you.

Chris

2007-09-03 7:21 PM

User image

Expert
Earth

In that area for Tri fittings the only store that I know of is Wheelie fun.  As Chris said, good luck getting ahold of them.  Last year when I was trying to find out about wetsuit rentals, I called several times, and left several messages, and sent multiple emails.  I have NEVER heard from them.

They sponser my tri club, along with several other places.  Bob got all upset with the former president when he forwarded a special deal from someone about wetsuits.  The guy was pretty bent about it.  My opinion is he had NOTHING to complain about.  Who knows how many customers he has lost because he is so horrible about returning calls.  Personally I am not sure that I will ever do business with him, because of his lack of response.  I may give him another shot, should I need something checked next season.

If you want to travel Columbus has a place that I have dealt with,  Tri-tech, they answered the phone on the first call (no answering maching, a REAL person!)  They did a bang up job on the fitting.  For me the travel is not that much more than to hit Wheelie fun.  45-60 minutes either way for me.

2007-09-05 9:00 PM

User image

Thanks for the help, I will shop around but definately look inot Wheelie Fun. I want to get in for a fitting in the next week or so. I will probably just stop in and make an appointment.

andy
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton Rss Feed