Multirace
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 08m 14s
Overall Rank = 123/179
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 4/10
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 4:445..actually had a great night sleep of 5 hours :) Ate a power bar and got my stuff outside my house. Andrea picked me up at 5:15 and we headed down. Took about 35 minutes to get there and I had not even signed up for the race yet. It was a last minute decion yesterday to do the race. I got in line and signed up..by the time we got to transition area, we had 15 minutes beofre the first wave started....Ate my GU
Event warmup:

Didn't have time...
Swim
  • 10m 14s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 20s / 100 yards
Comments:

My heart was racing more than normal before the race, but once I got in the water, I really felt like i was gliding so fast...
I guess I started to veer to the left a bit, cause next thing I knew I was staring at the lifeguards legs and I looked up to have him point me to the right. But once I got started again, I was straight all the way. I am stoked I was 1st in my age group for the swim...off to a great start:)
What would you do differently?:

get used to swimming in a lake. i still prefer the ocean since you can see everything..I am not a fan of the murky lake water :(
Transition 1
  • 02m 58s
Comments:

there was a decent run from the swim to the transition area, so Iwas a bit out of breath once i got there....I took a few more moments than I typically would to catch my breath.
Bike
  • 36m 33s
  • 11 miles
  • 18.06 mile/hr
Comments:

I couldn't belive how well my bike was going..I typically get passed my anyone and everyone...but the only people passing me were the men..Yippeeeee. Once I got through my first loop I had caught my breath and I was in a good steady pace. If you check my logs, I typically pace about 16-17 mph..so 18!!!! yay!! there was only 2 women that passed me, but we kept goping back and forth...pretty annoying if you ask me. If you are oging to pass me, do it enough that I won't pass you in a few minutes.
Transition 2
  • 01m 11s
Comments:

Again, I took my time in transition. I jsut am getting over a cold nad was still pretty stuffed up. But, I grabbed my water bottle and I was off and running. they cut the run to only 1.6 miles..not sure why, but I was stoked sicne I was not feeling too hot.
Run
  • 17m 18s
  • 1.6 miles
  • 10m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

I started off fine, but after a few minutes of running, I started to feel sick. I sounded like I had asthma, so I stopped and walked for a few moments. I did the 2 other times..So, I think If I didn't have to stop, I ould have been under 10 Mm. But, in general I was happy about my run considering my cold...
What would you do differently?:

not race when sick :)
Post race
Warm down:

grabbed a half a bagel and orange slice and chatted with Andrea and 2 other people i train with occassionally.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Being sick

Event comments:

I am so stoked on my 4th palce...It's the best I have ever done and being that i was still under the weather, it makes it even better . I am on cloud nine!!!

Also, for as many spectators that were there, not many cheered everyone on. Was pretty strange...

Last updated: 2007-09-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:14 | 440 yards | 02m 20s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/10
Overall: 57/179
Performance:
Suit:
Course: Out to right bouy and hung a left to next bouy and then back in...
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:58
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:36:33 | 11 miles | 18.06 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/10
Overall: 128/179
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: 2 loops around the park...Went onto the main road nad around the out side of the park, then a loop within the park...Did this 2 times.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:11
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:17:18 | 01.6 miles | 10m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/10
Overall: 138/179
Performance: Average
Course: One loop around the inside of the park
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-09-16 5:28 PM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: CB Smith Triathlon

2007-09-18 8:05 PM
in reply to: #966818

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Subject: RE: CB Smith Triathlon
That is an awesome bike average.  I can see you are getting faster.  And you would have had a better run if you weren't sick.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » CB Smith Triathlon Rss Feed