General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timex heart rate monitor Strap reset Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-18 6:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane QLD
Subject: Timex heart rate monitor Strap reset

I've got a Timex Triathlon 30lap watch and HRM strap. 

I've been having problems with my heart rate strap over the last few days.  It read irratically in the pool (I got a HR of 30 for most of my laps) and now it's not reading at all. 

I've been using it fairly more than regularly over the course of the last year so I just assumed the battery is dead...  I've changed the battery...  But now my watch isn't picking up a reading at all. 

In the manual it says to push a "RESET" button inside the battery housing of the HRM strap... But I can't see one at all...

Can anyone who has a the Timex HRM strap and changed the battery in it please help me out??  Where is the reset button???

2007-09-18 7:29 PM
in reply to: #969985

Jacksonville, FL
Subject: RE: Timex heart rate monitor Strap reset
Mine is inside the battery well of the strap.  You may have to pull the battery out to see it.  If you can wait till tomorrow Ill open mine up after work and post a picture but trust me, its in there.
2007-09-18 7:33 PM
in reply to: #969985

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Timex heart rate monitor Strap reset
If you look at the back of the strap, you will see reset written (I believe it's in the ten o'clock position) and when you open the battery compartment, you will see a very small piece of metal that you can push down to reset the unit.

Hope this helps,

Shane
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timex heart rate monitor Strap reset Rss Feed