View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 54/713
Age Group = 20 - 24
Age Group Rank = 8/60
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 730 to figure out where i needed to go to find my chip and then showered and found my stuff and stepped over my passed out roommates on the floor of our living room and headed out. the run started downtown but i left kind of late and decided to drive down which ended up taking a while to find parking but it was nice to drive back :D
Event warmup:

jogged 6 blocks from car to northwestern mutual building, found my chip, streched, jogged, chocoooooolate gel 3 min before race start
Run
  • 21m 7s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

running hard hurts, im not built for it...lol, i am way better off racing HIMs where i can run 8:30's, not under 7's...anyways pushed a little too hard the first mile i think because i was feelin it already but there werent any mile markers out there...which drives me nuts. slowed down a little bit on the way back south on the opposite side of the lagoon. saw the leader of the race following the pink harley when i had a little under a mile to go i think which is just gross...how can i lose by a mile on a 3.1 mile race lol? started to pick it up a little once i saw him and then saw my buddy joe heading at me in the opposite direction and he was really kicking ass!! and he ended up taking 13th which is awesome. held a pretty constant fast pace the last .75 mi and passed a bunch of people without being passed and then kicked it in hard once i hit the last turn and was pumped when i looked down at my watch and saw under 21:30!! fockkkkkkk yeaaaaaaaah!
What would you do differently?:

maybe take the first mile a little easier? but not much, im really happy with this and taking 54th out of 700 something is sweet!!
Post race
Warm down:

mmmm great spread. panera bread bagels, caribou coffee bars, bananas, gatorade, vitamin water, good stuff!! hung out with the Marquette team that i was on to support one of the exercise science faculty members that currently has breast cancer.

Event comments:

Great race and nice to see SO MANY PEOPLE out there to support a really great cause! are you happy now sneaky pete? :D

Last updated: 2007-09-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:07 | 03.1 miles | 06m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/60
Overall: 0/713
Performance: Good
Course: down wisconsin ave, past the war memorial, along lincoln memorial and around that pond thinger mabobber, back towards the art museum and then out to the tip of the marina penninsula and back to the finish.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-09-23 10:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Charlotte NC
Subject: Komen Race for the Cure

2007-09-23 10:46 AM
in reply to: #975618

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Komen Race for the Cure

Were you able to get any donations for this?  The valedictorian of my H.S. class, who I was close friends with and were in track and X-country together, is a 2 year breast cancer survivor and has participated in this race a couple of years ago.  It's a big event I heard.

2007-09-24 6:03 PM
in reply to: #975618

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wauwatosa, WI
Subject: RE: Komen Race for the Cure
"i am way better off racing HIMs where i can run 8:30's, not under 7's..."

S I C K O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Nice race. PR by 1 1/2 minutes in a 21 minute race? Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Were you up drinking Rolling Rock's for you pre-race nutrition again?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Komen Race for the Cure Rss Feed